How long can you use a ce4 clearomizer?

My shop makes me get a new ce4 with every bottle of liquid. My question is, is this necessary? I generally get a new bottle every 2 weeks or so, and the clearomizer seems fine to me so why throw it out and spend money on a new one? Any thoughts/experiences for me? Thanks. I'd like to save the extra $6+ dollars if I can.

LOL..even better way to clean them, my hubby filled his with 151 and let them soak for a bit then just rinse them out. I imagine that any alcohol would work, I've also heard that if you can get it Everclear is good.

If you are using non rebuildables like I am my vendor told me as long as the white cap inside is not gray and the wicks are ok then no, you don't need a new one. If you start getting a burnt taste you may have to dispose of it.

I tried drying it out like in the video above but it was taking forever, so I got impatient and just blew it out with my hairdryer and that seemed to work just fine too (and faster!). Now it's working fine for me, I'm using it again and it's working like new. I'm glad there's not just one way to get something done around here, I guess the motto is "as long as it works, it works."

I cleaned and dry burned two of my Stardusts last night, but now I have hardly any vapor and they both taste burnt. I shook out as much water as I could before I started the dry burns, but it took abouit 15 minutes each before the coils started glowing red.

For each burn I had to hold the power switch so long that the power switch started flashing before any "smoke" came out. What did I do wrong?

I think it should last one month minimum. The people i know that clean them out and dry them completely between flavors say they go between 1-2 month.

I like ce4 and ce5 but i think more people will switch to t2 and other bottom wick atomizers.

I take my rebuildables apart, rinse thoroughly, and soak in a cup of rubbing alcohol for a few days along with my non-rebuildables. I have tried the same with vodka, but find the rubbing alcohol to work a bit better.

Regular rubbing alcohol?

• 2 weeks later...