Punching hole(s) in cartomizers

2bsmoke4ee

I've heard about this here and there... Can anyone elaborate? I mean, one hole? Two holes? And where is the best place to punch them. I can put them in my Vivi Nova mini tank no problem?

Still loving the Spinner battery. I currently have it set up with a 2.4 ohm head, with the voltage set right between the 4.3 and 4.8 mark. Great vape, but would like to learn more about punching cartos to put in my tank...

trust me, we all have them.

Tank1__27497.1321746673.220.220.JPG

DC3-T__10611.1355678824.220.220.jpg

I use a saddlevalve hole punch. can buy at any hardware store. I punch the hole opposite of the one that is placed by the manufacturer.

It does help the liquid wick a bit better.

Thanks kitsune, so how would you compare the cartomizer tanks with the coil head tanks? Pros and cons between the two? I'm always looking for a better vape. I really like the Vivi Nova, but notice after the tank gets less than half full, the vape loses its punch, even when rolling the ecig around on its side to keep the wicks wet. It's almost like the bottom 1/4 or so of juice is almost a waste as I just fill it to the top again to get the good vape back.

Here my personal experience:

Vivi nova....soooo easy to use. flavor does die out over time (about 3days-week) for me. changing flavor sometimes helps. next step, take it apart, rinse, refill. last step just replace the head. I tend to replace the head after about a week. Heating over time tends to thicken the liquid and it doesn't wick quite as well as fresh liquid. That is a problem with all except the dual coil tank and dripping. Its just the nature of the liquid.

Kanger....sooo easy to use. after a couple of days I end up getting the burnt wick taste....more than likely it doesn't like my stronger flavors...seems to do well with my lighter fruit flavors.

Dual Coil Tank....A bit more fuss to fill, but the flavor seems to last longer and more consistent vape...usually end up changing the cartomizer every couple weeks (draw gets tight, filler clogs).

The eGo 2.4 ml CC long wick is another clearomizer I like...the only problem I have had it the past is the tip can break away causing it to leak (super glue fixed that). I like it as much as my vivi nova.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-2-4ml-cc-long-wick-changeable-coil-clearomizer/

Dripping....This for me has been my sweet spot for a very long time. better flavor all the way around. But it is a bit more work and a bit of a learning curve.

the 4 I always have on hand are the vivi nova, dual coil tank, eGo CC and dripping. I have a tendency to rotate through them....each one is just a bit different, and each one usually has a different flavor. (except dripping....that is alot different). I still mess with the kanger, because I like variety I guess.....

sorry, Long answer.

@kitsune... I love long answers :-) to often a short reply leaves me hanging wanting more explanation, and you covered the bases Thx. Actually, I'm finding that using a LR cartomizer with my spinner at about 4.5 volts is giving me the best vape of all! Surprised it hasn't popped at that voltage but it doing good. I get at least as much vapor as the Vivi Nova maybe more, with a better TH to boot.. I'm almost wondering now it it was worth getting the Vivi Nova but I'm still glad I have it, but it makes for a milder hit it seems. But I appreciate your comprehensive response!

I actually find I really like variety. I usually rotate through my various devices...each one is just a bit different and different ones work better with different flavors, and since I like to switch flavors often.....

The voltage will change the throat hit...

my sweet spot is 4.8....I have a lavatube that I can use with the vivi nova and tank. The vivi has held up well at 4.8....when I use my standard 3.7...it does seem weaker.

Like Kitsune I have several different things going on at all times. My main has been direct dripping once I got through the learning curve. Kit was great for helping me there!

Other than direct dripping I'm very partial to my T2 (or eGo 2.4 CC clearomizer) with the short wicks. When I figured out they weren't going to make short wicks available anymore I bought a huge stock of them.

Others I like are the Vision Nano for a bottom feeder. The EVOD I just got are...okay. The jury's still out on those. The MT3 and T3 are okay but not a favorite. Recently I also went back to the CE4 (Vision Stardust).

It all depends on what you like, what mood you're in and the juices you're using in the individual clearomizers.

Now, having said that I have a couple F15s coming along with a hole punch and extra cartomizers. I'm very curious about these after hearing so much about them for so long. :)

Edited by Tameiki