How do I know when my cartomizer is going bad?

BigJerk

Total noob question here, but aside from completely not working how do I know when my cartomizer/clearomizer is ready to be changed? I have a kanger T3 and a mini vivi nova, but I am still on my first head with each (I've only been vaping for about 2 weeks.) I have replacement heads for each, but I just don't know if I wait until the old head burns out, or look for something like a change in taste or vapor when it's on it's last leg.

Also, how long should I expect these heads to last? I have low and standard res heads for each. Thanks for any help!!

When the draw becomes too tight and you don't get any vapor/hit from it is a good indication. Usually, when it starts going out you'll notice that it's not working as well as it did before. Some will just quit while others will slowly dwindle in performance. As for what I've experienced, most of mine lasts several weeks to a month or more depending (if it's not a dud). Sorry, I know that's not much help but it depends on the part itself.

Asking questions is good. That's how we learn. :)

Tam speaks the truth. The first thing you'll probably notice is tightening of the draw...it'll start becoming increasingly more difficult to pull air through your atty/carto/clearo/tank/RBA comfortably. Remember that the (red hot) coil & silica wick run directly across the air flu's path, so after vaping for a while, e-liquid starts to get baked onto the coil & wick, impeding the air flow. That'll probably be your first clue to get another head ready. :thumbup:

I also want to add a little hint that I read somewhere. Fray the wicks (unwind by rolling with your fingertips) before installing your new head. It seems to help my gear keep up at higher voltages. :yes

I agree with the previous posts. With a carto you will notice a substantial loss of flavor when it's time for a new one. On my boge's the air flow will be perfectly fine when it's time to swap it out. On clearos the vapor just dwindles in my experience to where it just becomes a chore to get decent vapor/flavor.