Upgrading From My V2.

Seebs

Well; it didn't take long. :)

I've only had my V2 for two days and I'm already looking to upgrade. I do need a bit of assistance on this though.

After lots and lots of reading forum posts here and at other forums; I am more confused than before I started.

So here is where you "veterans" come in:

I like the eGo units a lot. Don't have any personal experience with them, but I've seen nothing but good reviews about them and they seem to be the "compact" type that I like at this point in my vaping life.

Hardware-wise:

eGo-C vs eGo-T: Which one is the best choice for a noob that wants to start experimenting with different flavor juices?

Should I skip the eGo and go for something else? Keep in mind I don't want to jump in, feet first, into something overly complicated. I want to go with "plug and play" to get started.

* I have been to so many sites these past two days that I'm just overwhelmed. Some are very professional looking sites, some look a bit amateurish.

Where are the reputable sites where you "vets" shop at?

* Same situation as above applies to juices.

Where do you guys get yours? I know of vapedudes and sweet*-vapes. Any other sites to consider?

* One of the flavors that I am interested in is something that tastes close to what Djarum Clove cigarettes tasted back when I smoked them.

Would the "most mentioned" Bobba's Bounty fit that flavor profile? Is there a "Clove" flavor available anywhere?

That is it for now. It's almost 7 AM here and I haven't slept in about 30 hours so I'm tired and my eyes feel like someone poured sand in them.

So thank you guys in advance and good night (morning). I'll catch you in a few hours when my brain is back to "normal" strength.

Seebs.

Edited by Seebs

I am not sure I understand the upgrade mentality.All it has to do is provide voltage to the atomising device.I can make usable vapor with anything from a 180 mAh stock battery to an 18650 mAh mod.The trick is finding the perfect liquid and atomising device.I would pesonally tell you to just get a Vivi Nova and start shopping liquid vendors.

I am not sure I understand the upgrade mentality.All it has to do is provide voltage to the atomising device.I can make usable vapor with anything from a 180 mAh stock battery to an 18650 mAh mod.The trick is finding the perfect liquid and atomising device.I would pesonally tell you to just get a Vivi Nova and start shopping liquid vendors.

Man, how I wish we were neighbors so I could come over and bring a couple of VV/VP mods with me, have some coffee with you, and vape on your favorite juice using my PVs...carto tanks, too. Not that they're any better than what you use, but they do have some pretty nice convenience features. I could vape on your mods and see what I'm missing, too. :yes

Man, how I wish we were neighbors so I could come over and bring a couple of VV/VP mods with me, have some coffee with you, and vape on your favorite juice using my PVs...carto tanks, too. Not that they're any better than what you use, but they do have some pretty nice convenience features. I could vape on your mods and see what I'm missing, too. :yes

I experimented with variable voltage on a passthrough long before VV became mainstream.VP is basicaly the same thing except on the ones that automatcly readjust to maintain the watts.The ultimate goal is to get the liquid to the proper temperature to release the desired flavor and quantity of vapor .Like any other consumer product a lot of satisfaction is in the mind of the beholder.I was making my recomendation based on Seebs being a noob and what I recomended would still be required with the purchase of a APV ,Different strokes for different folks.Enjoy whatever you gots.

I missed the V2 part any of the Ego batteries would go well with the Vivi .Including the Ego twist if you are so inclined.
Edited by mcquinn

Everyone loves the eGo Twists, which are a VV type. I have one (two) and love it.

Until you get a vv, you can purchase your carto's, atty's in varying OHM's to suit. (1.5-3.0 let's say). Juice flavors vary with temperature as well as with vendors or vendors batches of the day. It's nice to be able to adjust our atty's to suit.

Clove? You will want Glass or all Stainless Steel type of juice holder for Clove, Citrus, or Cinnamon type flavors. Look for the SS cartomisers, or tanks. (the typical plastic tanks crack with these juices).

There are a lot of good Cloves out there. Try Vaping Dudes, Aroma E-Juice, Pink Spot Vapors, ...and be sure to check out Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Ahlusion. Just to name a few.

Best of luck to you.

Well; it didn't take long. :)

I've only had my V2 for two days and I'm already looking to upgrade. I do need a bit of assistance on this though.

After lots and lots of reading forum posts here and at other forums; I am more confused than before I started.

So here is where you "veterans" come in:

I like the eGo units a lot. Don't have any personal experience with them, but I've seen nothing but good reviews about them and they seem to be the "compact" type that I like at this point in my vaping life.

Hardware-wise:

eGo-C vs eGo-T: Which one is the best choice for a noob that wants to start experimenting with different flavor juices?

Should I skip the eGo and go for something else? Keep in mind I don't want to jump in, feet first, into something overly complicated. I want to go with "plug and play" to get started.

* I have been to so many sites these past two days that I'm just overwhelmed. Some are very professional looking sites, some look a bit amateurish.

Where are the reputable sites where you "vets" shop at?

* Same situation as above applies to juices.

Where do you guys get yours? I know of vapedudes and sweet*-vapes. Any other sites to consider?

* One of the flavors that I am interested in is something that tastes close to what Djarum Clove cigarettes tasted back when I smoked them.

Would the "most mentioned" Bobba's Bounty fit that flavor profile? Is there a "Clove" flavor available anywhere?

That is it for now. It's almost 7 AM here and I haven't slept in about 30 hours so I'm tired and my eyes feel like someone poured sand in them.

So thank you guys in advance and good night (morning). I'll catch you in a few hours when my brain is back to "normal" strength.

Seebs.

The eGo-C & eGo-T both use the same batts, but they use different juice delivery systems. I would not recommend either delivery systems.

I would recommend an Ego Twist or a Vision Spenner as a batt along with a Vision Nova or a cartomizer.

I tend to purchase my juices from sweet-vapes. I have always been pleased with their juices.

I get what you're saying. The reason for my upgrade is that with a device such as the V2 ~ 808 type? ~ the "menu" for parts is a bit limited, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. All I know is that devices like the eGo and all the different 510 models is where the bulk of the selection is so I want to eventually have at least one of each so I can pick and choose what suits my needs for the particular moment.

As a bit of an example so you see where I'm coming from: Most people, when they need a computer, they go to Dell and order one of the models they offer.

Then; there are some people that would rather build their own PCs than just choose from a list of options. And then; there are those of us that like to take it to the extreme; I own enough computer HW to set up a small datacenter. Look up "sub-zero overclocking and benchmarking" and you'll get an idea of what I do to the computer parts I buy.

Just so you get an idea; this is what I do to my computer gear.

jWYOd.jpg?1

TZxfy.jpg?1

So basically; I'm never content with just the "stock" or "bare minimum" of anything and that means I will always be looking for the "next best thing" out there. It's just how I'm wired in the head.

Everyone loves the eGo Twists, which are a VV type. I have one (two) and love it.

Until you get a vv, you can purchase your carto's, atty's in varying OHM's to suit. (1.5-3.0 let's say). Juice flavors vary with temperature as well as with vendors or vendors batches of the day. It's nice to be able to adjust our atty's to suit.

Clove? You will want Glass or all Stainless Steel type of juice holder for Clove, Citrus, or Cinnamon type flavors. Look for the SS cartomisers, or tanks. (the typical plastic tanks crack with these juices).

There are a lot of good Cloves out there. Try Vaping Dudes, Aroma E-Juice, Pink Spot Vapors, ...and be sure to check out Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Ahlusion. Just to name a few.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the info Uma. I will keep the glass/ss thing in mind for when I order the juices and other gear.

@ Jeffb

Thanks for the advice. I will check into the suggestions you mentioned.

Edited by Seebs

Thanks for the info Uma. I will keep the glass/ss thing in mind for when I order the juices and other gear.

@ Jeffb

Thanks for the advice. I will check into the suggestions you mentioned.

I actually meant to say Pyrex glass or Fused Quartz Crystal glass, but shorthanded to just glass in the post. Sorry about that!

Edited by Uma

I actually meant to say Pyrex glass or Fused Quartz Crystal glass, but shorthanded to just glass in the post. Sorry about that!

Ok... But that brings more questions then.

When I do order the juices; are they not shipped in containers that won't be damaged by the contents? I figure they would not ship them in something that would crack and spill all over before it was delivered.

My guess is you mean the carto/tank units need to be SS or "special" glass... Does anyone even make tanks from the "special" types of glass? I can find SS cartos, but haven't ran across a single site that specifies "special" glass tanks.

Thanks again

Seebs

Ok... But that brings more questions then.

When I do order the juices; are they not shipped in containers that won't be damaged by the contents? I figure they would not ship them in something that would crack and spill all over before it was delivered.

My guess is you mean the carto/tank units need to be SS or "special" glass... Does anyone even make tanks from the "special" types of glass? I can find SS cartos, but haven't ran across a single site that specifies "special" glass tanks.

Thanks again

Seebs

The bottles are a different kind of plastic, the soft rubbery kind of plastic, and those will leak and crack with those juices if they're stored for any length of time. (personally, I've had them leak after 6 months, and some leaked after a few weeks).

That kind of plastic doesn't hold up well with heat, so it's not used for tanks.

You'd have to research to learn all the details.

There are places that sell the pyrex type tanks, such as IBTanked http://www.ibtanked.com/ They have tanks for the Carto Tanks, the RBA tanks, and all the tanked gadgets. Feel free to ask them any questions, they're a nice team there.

Edited by Uma

Gotcha... I'm not going to be buying large quantities of juice just yet so I think the juices will be OK in their original bottles for the short periods of time that they'll last me. I'm going to be looking for a bunch of flavor samples from different makers until I find the stuff I like.

I'll definitely have a look at the IBT place..

Seebs

That's a smart move, buying the samples!!

There are also neat places for buying the little amber or cobalt glass bottles to store your juice in too. Some of the ecig shops have them, but if you decide to DIY your own juice at a later date when you're comfortable the bottle specialty shop is a neat place. (I just purchased 45 various sized bottles for the same price of 20 bottles with free shipping, so don't let the shipping price scare you!).

http://www.specialtybottle.com/cobaltblueeuroglassbottle15mlwdroppercapblk.aspx

You can rest assured that in a few months time; I'll be up to my ears in liquids, bottles, flavorings, safety glasses, nitrile gloves and all them other goodies. I can't help it; it's always been like that... As a kid; I never owned a toy that did not end up tore down for its pieces so I could build a "more fun" toy out of them. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm compiling a list of the juice vendors that I want to get samples from... This is going to be quite fun. :)

Edit: Mse12; would you happen to remember the name of the juice? I'm checking their site and can't find it.

Edited by Seebs

If you like to fiddle with things to adjust and customize I'd recommend EC Blends. Each flavor comes with some type of customization options. I've bought e-liquids from quite a few different vendors and lately I've bought everything from EC Blends. They have excellent customer service, a wide variety of juice flavors and 5 ml bottles so you can sample without having to buy large quantities that you might not like.

Just checked and they have several clove flavors there, too.

Personally, I love my eGO style batteries. My Vision Spinners are getting a LOT of use these days (900 mAh and 1300 mAh). As you go along you'll find what works best for YOU. Everyone's preferences are different so you'll want to take everyone's suggestions and find the best liquids and batteries that make you happy. :D

... Is there a "Clove" flavor available anywhere?

EC Blend has Kretek Blend: "A smooth warm tobacco with a sweet clove Flavor. 09/23/11 We have made this Flavor taste more like a true clove cigarette, even down to the tongue numbing effect of clove."

They have several size, strength, and blend options available, and some of the best prices around. I, like many vapers here at VT, have used them repeatedly and remain a satisfied customer. :yes

If you like to fiddle with things to adjust and customize I'd recommend EC Blends. Each flavor comes with some type of customization options. I've bought e-liquids from quite a few different vendors and lately I've bought everything from EC Blends. They have excellent customer service, a wide variety of juice flavors and 5 ml bottles so you can sample without having to buy large quantities that you might not like.

Just checked and they have several clove flavors there, too.

I just saw your post above mine. Great minds and all that. :yes

I just purchased 45 various sized bottles for the same price of 20 bottles with free shipping, so don't let the shipping price scare you!

I can has discount & free shipping? :question:

i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

Edited by Rixter

Can I has discount & free shipping? :question:

More than likely you can...if you buy in sufficient quantities. Honestly, their shipping prices are very low no matter how small your order is. I love their dram bottles with the dripper tops for mixing flavors. They're also great about how carefully they package the glass bottles. After all the orders I've made from them I've yet to have any that come damaged. :)

More than likely you can...if you buy in sufficient quantities. Honestly, their shipping prices are very low no matter how small your order is. I love their dram bottles with the dripper tops for mixing flavors. They're also great about how carefully they package the glass bottles. After all the orders I've made from them I've yet to have any that come damaged. :)

+10

At the ecig place, I could have bought 20 bottles for 45 bucks, with free shipping.

At the Specialty bottles place, I did buy 45 bottles for 20 bucks, and another 18 for shipping. Twice the bottles for the same amount of money. And like Tam said, very nice packaging and shipping. UPS (fast)

I don't know if they have a coupon or not, but like Tam said, they probably will if inquired. (then you can let us know what it is for our next trip lol).