My Attempt To Get Free Samples

kvjeff73

OK I've only been vaping for a few weeks, but I thought WTF I'm gonna call these companies and see if they're confident enough in their product to send me a free disposable, or anything.

GreenSmartLiving: This is the brand I've stuck with so far. They were awesome and are sending me a free pack of their menthol refills, as I stated I was a current user and wanted to try the menthol without having to buy a whole pack.

Blu: Very friendly, not sending me anything but were helpful (trying) to find a retail store near me that carries their disposables. I will try if I ever come across but am not driving 30 miles to pick it up.

ZeroCig: I saw a review on YouTube that ranked them pretty high in comparison to some of the expensive brands. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP ACTUALLY LAUGHED AT ME! OK ZeroCig I will NOT be trying your product, ever!!

SafeCig: Customer service rep said they don't typically do samples, but took my email address and said she would talk to the marketing supervisor. An hour later I got an email asking me what address I would like my free sample mailed to!

V2: Wouldn't send anything, didn't insult me but weren't overly friendly either. Nothing said that will make me stay away from them.

GreenSmoke: Same result as V2.

Encore: I bought a starter kit and it tastes horrible. Chemical after-taste every time. I called to complain, and they were going to email me instructions on how to mail it back to them, and they'd mail me a coupon for a replacement. I haven't gotten any email yet.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, made my calls on Friday and today is Monday.

I found this interesting and thought I'd share.

Love this forum!

Jeff

Edited by kvjeff73

If any companies should send you freebies it would be those kind.But I wouldn't count on it or they wouldn't be those kinds of comapnies.You could always start doing video reviews ,I think a lot of people do those in hopes of getting freebies.

Expecting freebies is lame, point blank.

What makes you special that you should get stuff free when the rest of us pay?

:detective:

How many ml of ejuice have you given away to people? How many reviews have you written? How many vapers have you helped answering questions?

Edited by Luvinthevape

Begging for freebies is just lame. Condoning or promoting this behavior is the same. Did people give you packs of cigarettes free of charge because you merely ask?

Chantix, nicotine gum, doctors visits all cost money. I've given out 230 ml of ejuice samples in the past 45 days. And I paid shipping. I chose who I wanted to give it to. Had somebody begged for freebies I'd have not given them a thing. Expect nothing free, and don't ask for it. If you are a reviewer or give back to the vaping community one hand washes the other.

Edited by Luvinthevape

Lame? I was letting them know a potential customer is out there considering their product. If they want to try and ****** me up by getting me to try their stuff, they had that chance.

No I'm not expecting anything for free, as I stated in my post the only companies I will no longer consider are the ones that were rude. You can tell me "sorry we don't do that" and not lose a customer (then laugh at me after the call).

There is no harm is asking, many industries give samples. Aren't there vape meets with reps giving free samples of juice? I suppose you turn these offers down?

What is idiotic is expecting people to spend $20 (or a lot more) for "starter kits" of a product they may not like. Don't like it? Buy someone else's for the same or more.

Asking for free samples is a good idea,sounds like a great way to try out

products that you otherwise wouldn't be trying.

When I still smoked,some of the analog companies would have promotions

where you could get sample packs by showing UPC's from your regular brand etc...

It was a good way to get dedicated brand smokers to try something that they

normally wouldn't have bought due to brand loyalty.

Others opinions notwithstanding you should keep it up if that's what ya want,

since the only opinion that matters is yours :yes

Lame? I was letting them know a potential customer is out there considering their product. If they want to try and ****** me up by getting me to try their stuff, they had that chance.

No I'm not expecting anything for free, as I stated in my post the only companies I will no longer consider are the ones that were rude. You can tell me "sorry we don't do that" and not lose a customer (then laugh at me after the call).

There is no harm is asking, many industries give samples. Aren't there vape meets with reps giving free samples of juice? I suppose you turn these offers down?

What is idiotic is expecting people to spend $20 (or a lot more) for "starter kits" of a product they may not like. Don't like it? Buy someone else's for the same or more.

Big deal, wasting $20 is nothing. Many of us spend $1000 the first 3 months finding out what we like and what we don't.

Its easy to see who works for their money and who wants or expects handouts. Maybe mommy will buy it for you....again

HAVE SOME PRIDE< PAY YOUR OWN WAY!

Edited by Luvinthevape

This is Vapor Talk Forum, right? :dizzy: For one horrible moment there, I thought I might be back at the ECF.

I guess its a general consensus here that asking companies for freebies is cool, and then complaining about not getting freebies is also ok.

Is that right?

I think I have landed on the wrong site then. Carry on with the utter absurdity, I am outta here.

Edited by Luvinthevape

Well that escalated quickly.

I wouldn't apply one persons opinion to the overall personality of the forum. We've got different creeds, genders and preference. As such the forum is a melting pot of unique individuals.To each their own.

As an admin of the site I find myself having to be diplomatic and neutral but I will add in my two cents here. While I don't see any harm in asking for samples, after all the worst case is they'll say no, I do find harm in judging a supplier simply because they don't send samples. Flat rate shipping costs about $5.50 add in the wholesale cost of liquid (cost varies) over a few hundred requests and you find yourself spending out quite a bit of capital. For larger companies, sure, this is probably a drop in the water, but for smaller companies that extra cost my better be used for additional items, new products etc.

So while you're out asking for samples, don't judge a company or put them don't simply because it's not something they offer. Especially if no prior purchase has been made. (For example we don't ship out free samples on the fly, but we will usually honor sample requests to those asking in an order note. That way the sample is sent along with their already existing order. It keeps our costs down while still allowing our customers to try something new. It's a win win in my opinion)

Expecting freebies is lame, point blank.

What makes you special that you should get stuff free when the rest of us pay?

:detective:

How many ml of ejuice have you given away to people? How many reviews have you written? How many vapers have you helped answering questions?

Why are your panties in such a bunch over this? You send out free samples, of your juices, to receive Youtube reviews for self promotion. Be careful who you pick on or your new web store, in 2013, may just flop.

Edited by BirdDog
Because I can.

Well that escalated quickly.

I wouldn't apply one persons opinion to the overall personality of the forum. We've got different creeds, genders and preference. As such the forum is a melting pot of unique individuals.To each their own.

As an admin of the site I find myself having to be diplomatic and neutral but I will add in my two cents here. While I don't see any harm in asking for samples, after all the worst case is they'll say no, I do find harm in judging a supplier simply because they don't send samples. Flat rate shipping costs about $5.50 add in the wholesale cost of liquid (cost varies) over a few hundred requests and you find yourself spending out quite a bit of capital. For larger companies, sure, this is probably a drop in the water, but for smaller companies that extra cost my better be used for additional items, new products etc.

So while you're out asking for samples, don't judge a company or put them don't simply because it's not something they offer. Especially if no prior purchase has been made. (For example we don't ship out free samples on the fly, but we will usually honor sample requests to those asking in an order note. That way the sample is sent along with their already existing order. It keeps our costs down while still allowing our customers to try something new. It's a win win in my opinion)

Nicely put, thanks for your two cents. Let me add that I didn't cross off any vendor just because they didn't send any, the one that I won't do business with was because of the attitude not whether or not they were willing to send samples.

Big deal, wasting $20 is nothing. Many of us spend $1000 the first 3 months finding out what we like and what we don't.

Its easy to see who works for their money and who wants or expects handouts. Maybe mommy will buy it for you....again

HAVE SOME PRIDE< PAY YOUR OWN WAY!

Nothing would make me happier than to have my Mommy (RIP) buy me these, but that would be tough since she pasted away from lung cancer in July; which is why I need vaping to work for me.

As for people "spending $1000 the first 3 months" trying things out; its a free country spend your money how you want. As for me, just because I have it doesn't mean I'm going to throw it away. I could just as easily criticize you for over spending (wonder why the US is in debt when its own citizens can't manage their own money), just as you criticize me for trying to be a wise consumer.

I understand perfectly why some companies can't afford to send out free samples. As Christopher said it is because they are small and can't just spend up to 5 each time to send out samples to hundreds of people that will ask for them. In my opinion the only way that a small business could send out samples is have a limited time promotion and have free samples to give out to people no matter how small their order is as they are paying for the shipping and the things they ordered as well as getting free samples. Now bigger companies could easily do this with no problem. Like P&G for example they are always giving out free samples you just have to know where to go to get them. Just don't expect to get them for awhile because of the company having so many responses it takes awhile to get all the way down the list to send them all out. Now I myself have asked before how I would get free samples in order to review them before and I now realize this takes time and patience. Basically you would have to do what grimm green does which is buy lots of stuff and review everything as best and most honest as you can. Eventually companies will notice and want to send you stuff at their own cost and have you review it to get people to want to buy it.