What Is A "hybrid" Atomizer?

I've been shopping 510 atties lately trying to decide on a really good one, and I keep running across the term "hybrid atomizer". What does the term "hybrid" refer to in reference to atomizers?

Also, any suggestions for or experiences with top of the line atties will be greatly appreciated.

I'm using 3.7v, 510-thread batteries (a Boge Leo 800 w/510 adapter and an Innokin Leo Pro), and I'm not too concerned about price. The main one that I've been considering is the AVA-LR Low Resistance Atomizer (USA Made) (pictured below), and it's available in bottom-feed and flat-bottom configurations. At around $40, it's pretty pricey, but I keep finding reviews claiming that it's quite possibly the best atty available anywhere.

ThermoVape_parts_-175-2.jpg?3776?1341801062316

2ce3pc2.jpg

261yqds.jpg

Atomizers have bridges that deflect e-juice when direct dripping and cartomisers use a poly-fill which can change taste. The Hybrid uses a stainless steel mesh surrounding the heating coil, and holds the e-juice without tainting flavor. A high-temp silicon wick draws the e-juice from the mesh area to deliver a clean taste. The bridge has been removed so e-juice gets right where it’s needed everytime.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, jeffb. I see exactly what you're talking about. I noticed differences between hybrids and various other atty styles floating around on the web, but wasn't sure exactly which component configuration made up a "hybrid" atty.

Assuming that you have experience with a few atties, which do you prefer and why?

I have not tried the hybrids due to their price. I have been using the Vision V2's exclusively for a couple of months and am very happy with them. If you want a basic atty, the Joyetech 510's have always been good to me.

I have been using the Vision V2's exclusively for a couple of months and am very happy with them.

I bought my wife a Vision V2 a few weeks ago and it really is a great tank. I use a ViVi Nova as my main wicking tank now, but I have a Vision V3 on the way to try out. I love how easy it is to fill a Vision V2, and the performance on the LR version is fantastic, so I had to try the new rebuildable model out. Do you have a V3 yet?

The 'Cisco Spec Hybrid HH.357' is the first one that pops into my head. They use parts from 901 and 510 atomizers I think. There is certainly a learning curve associated with them... but, once you figure it out... you are good to go ! And they perform like a champ... for a quite long time!

As seen here: (I prefer the long barrel version to minimize juice splash-back!)

http://www.avidvaper...d-510-atomizer/

Edited by DAYVAPE

I bought my wife a Vision V2 a few weeks ago and it really is a great tank. I use a ViVi Nova as my main wicking tank now, but I have a Vision V3 on the way to try out. I love how easy it is to fill a Vision V2, and the performance on the LR version is fantastic, so I had to try the new rebuildable model out. Do you have a V3 yet?

The V3 is next on my list of things to buy.

cant you just debridge and de wick regular attys? would that acheive the same general purpose?

You certainly can... pretty much what I do with each atomizer. Just have to be careful and not pull any wires loose when doing so. :yes

The V3 is next on my list of things to buy.

Just got my LR (1.8 ohm) Vision V3 in the mail today...it's basically an upgraded V2. I bought it mainly because I was so impressed with everything about the Vision ViVi Nova's rebuildable design and great performance, but I really liked the top seal design of the Vision V2 better. When they made the V3 rebuildable, I HAD to get one! If you like the V2, then you'll like the V3 just as much, and with the screw-on tank, cleaning should be pretty simple now.