What Happens When You Drink Nicotine On Accident? I Will Tell You.....

nicotine is 5x as poisonous as Cyanide. ya know, the stuff spies used to take to kill themselves if they were captured. all they took was one tiny little pill. now imagine something 5x the strength. nicotine is a natural pesticide (and was actually used to a very large extent as an industrial pesticide for a long time, still is to a lesser degree)

EVERYONE vaping should be aware of stuff like this. and take the necessary precautions to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

I'm glad that kwaione is OK and that he shared his story because it reminds us of the dangers but I don't want newbies or non-smokers/vapers to be frightened away from what we do. Juice that gets on your skin or on your lips will not cause you harm unless it is a very high base concentrate in which case the expert must take special precautions. The main idea is not to let eliquid bottles get into the wrong hands. That is not what happened here but that's what I get out of it.

Absolutely correct mike.. I am highly trained and smart but as you all said accidents do happen and this was a HUGE accident. .. the way we operate now there is no chance of this happening again.. i hope you all do not think I am a stupid person as i am not proan to this type of accident but it happened, I learned from it and hopefully others do as well!

That's crazy! I am glad your okay and nothing crazy happened! Choosing to store your nicotine in a safe place and in smaller amounts is a safer idea. But thanks for sharing this story, at least it keeps us aware of how dangerous higher amounts of nicotine can be.

• 3 months later...

HEy everyone out there in vapor world... I had a bad accident happen to me a couple years ago right around the time I shut my business down (for the mean time) temporarily... Anyways the following I am going to tell you is a very true story and I kept it mostly a secret because for some reason I thought it getting out could "hurt" the e-cig community and hurt what was going on with F.D.A .. I mean as far as I thought I did not want to be the "example" they used to stop sales or trade of liquid nicotine products.. BUT now i think it may help you all to know what can happen and how quickly someone will perish if they consume nicotine in the following way.... here is my story:

A couple years ago I was sleeping.. Was not drunk, High, or ANYTHING except for ...sleeping.. I was on a medication for hormones that made my mouth so dry I could not swallow. Anyways to let you know back then I would buy my nicotine at 500Mg/Ml VG.. I would then put it in the fridge to keep it out of light and heat which destroy nicotine, as I think since they store it nitrogen cooled before they ship it to keep it fresh it only makes since to put it in the fridge seeing how cold slows down progress.. Well I got up in the middl of the night and must have been sleep walking AND thirsty and it was about 9 am in the morning..

I was completely asleep when next thing I knew I took a swallow of 500Mg/Ml nicotine solution,, As SOON AS that nicotine touched my tongue I woke up! I instantly rinsed my mouth out and ran REAL QUICK outside and was yelling for help as there was a neighbor I had never met before across the street I was yeling at to call 911.. they were using a table saw , turned it off, I said call 911 and they shook there head and turned there saw back on! *******! then i went to the neighbors house and banged loudly on the door and when she anwered I told her her this "I swallowed 500mg/ml nicotine and you need to call 911 and tell them I swallowed 500mg/ml nicotine solution 500mg/ml and I am going to pass... then face planted into the lawn into a normal grass lawn but at the time it looked like the field in the wizard of oz that is all colorful... MIND you that it was LESS than 1 MINUTE from when that nicotine touched my tongue and the time I was unconcious.. It was not even enough time to call 911 myself... seriously I was out cold in less than a minute...

THEN WHAT?

Well I woke up a week YES 7 DAYS later and they told me I had A-Phibrilation (sp) also called "A-Phib" which is when your blood pressure decreases SO low that it pools in the heart... They told me it took 7 days to get the nicotine out of my blood and the whole time I was unconcious.. I have a heart arythmia from it and am not on blood pressure medicine (Beta Blockers) ...

So the moral of this story is DUCK TAPE YOUR MAIN NICOTINE BOTTLES SO THAT NO ONE CAN ACCIDENTLY GET INTO THEM!!! Drinking nicotine will kill you! I am not even joking.... I damn near died because I had it in a unlocked container!

I am all better now and put duct tape around the liter bottles now so that if I did sleep walk again to get a drink i won't "Accidently" drink the half pure nicotine... Now I buy PURE (well 99.8%) nicotine and I would have ben dead if I would have consumed that! ONE DROP OF PURE NICOTINE ON THE SCALP WILL KILL YOU! THE AMOUNT IN ONE CIGARETTE IF EXTRACTED OR EATEN WILL KILL YOU!

No joking here nicotine will make you die one of those seizure atrophied muscle type deaths and watching someone die from that would be heartbreaking so do yourself a favor and take this story as a lesson on how serious this stuff is when it high MG like that... even 100mg/ml could kill you so PLEASE BE SAFE!!

I know this sounds like I am an idiot but things happen on accident and this just happened to be that .. so please no negative comments would be appreciated ;)

Thank you for reading!

Maybe folks with common sense should be allowed to use ecigs...

1. Your not supposed to store your liquid nicotine inside of a cool eviroment (it distorts the taste), let alone a damn fridge that everyone uses, including children. All the warning labels say; keep out of reach of children and pets.

- Solution: If you would have listened to the 'no cool enviroments' and 'keep away from children' you would have grabbed the carton of milk or maybe the ketchup instead of the nicotine.

2. If you woke up as soon as it hit your tongue you must have not swollowed much right?

- I didn't let my cartridge dry enough and recently just had a drop of nicotine hit my tongue, I rinsed my mouth out. I'm not dead, in a hospital, and I'm definitley not hallucinating.

4. You had enough time to run around yelling at your neighbors, when you could have easily called 911 yourself.

- It's to bad you didn't get this on recording, it woulda been one funny youtube video. Kinda like the video where a police officer and his wife smoke weed. After smoking, they call 911 because they think they're going to die from MARIJUANA. Which isn't possible in the first place. Nicotine can kill a person, but a non-smoker needs to swollow about 60mg or more to be near death.

So do yourself and your family (if you have one) a favor, and be smarter about where you put TOXIC things. Do you store liquid bleach in your fridge too? Lol...

Ive said my piece, bye bye now.

Cicchetto, You're totally missing the whole point but you are right about marijuana, taking too much won't kill you but look how dumb it makes you sound. Noobies should start in the new member areas until they are mature.

• 2 months later...