Ego-C Atty Problem

So i'm having some problems with my ego-c attomizers. I only have 2 atty base/cones but i have 3 different flavors of juice.

I started vaping the first 2, then I swapped out an atty head for a few days to vape the 3rd flavor, but when i put the original back in, it's not working at all. I can't hear the atty firing when i click the battery button.

I pulled out an new atty and all was well but when i swapped it out again for the other previously used atty, that one wasn't working either. Do they just need cleaned? Do these atty's stop working if you stop using them for a day or two? Any additional info on these attys is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

That shouldn't be a problem. When you put in a new atty or an old one just make sure there isn't any juice all over all the parts. Wipe everything clean and put it together and there is no reason why it shouldn't work. Even if it is wet or dirty it still should work but it's good practice to do that. If it doesn't work take it apart and do it again. It might not be sitting right in the base or something, other than that I'm stumped.

BTW You can change flavors on the same atty if they are not drastically different or extremely strong. Those attys go from flavor to flavor quite well. I will pop the tank cart of and tailpipe a couple of toots to vape off much of the old flavor and then put a tank of a different flavor in and the new flavor will take in a few more toots.

I now can remember times when an old wet atty wouldn't fire right away and I held the button in for 3 seconds and listened. Nothing. Pressed it again for 3 seconds and listened, nothing. Pressed it again and listened, Snap, Crackle, Pop, It worked fine after that.

Cool, thanks Mike. I tried cleaning everything off w/ a paper towel and i'm still getting the same problem so i guess i'll try running everything under hot water and let it dry overnight. Luckily i still have 1 working atty w/ my fav. juice.

I'm starting to think the problem might be with the atty base and not the atty head itself b/c i tried a brand new atty head and got the same result.

Looking at the atty base, there doesn't seem like there's much that could possibly go wrong.. it's pretty plain & simple. Anyone have any suggestions with regard to the atty base?

It is as straight forward as you think it is. With Joyetech manufactured Ego-C parts I have never had a problem. With other manufacturers I have had some issue with things fitting perfectly, one of my MFS ego-c atty bases didn't make the ego battery connection very well. I ended up just returning that one and the supplier replaced it, now it works.

Sometimes when the atty is very wet it won't sizzle right away. Sometimes they atty coil snapped and it's done. Sometimes it isn't seated quite right. Sometimes the battery is shot.

I always do a cleaning quickly and try it again before I toss it, but the attys are fairly cheap so I can't cry, and they produce some of the best vapor out there IMO.

I think they are among the best vapor and flavor producers too. I've been using them more often than the clearomisers I have. That is why I'm bumbed about loosing a complete eGo C the other day at work. I think I dropped it outside at my boss' house. I haven't lost hope on it, I'll continue to look for it and hopefully it shows up.

I tried 4 different attomizers, one of which was right outta the packaging and none worked, I'm gonna give them all a thorough cleaning along with the cone and see if that does the trick, otherwise i guess i'll have to pick up a few extra attomizer bodies.

What do you guys use for the delivery method w/ these? I like the attomizer but the tanks mute so much flavor. I've just been direct dripping but I feel like i've been adding too many drops too often cuz i get juice coming out of the bottom of the atty so often. Hopefully i didn't do any damage to it if thats why it's not working now.

I tried 4 different attomizers, one of which was right outta the packaging and none worked, I'm gonna give them all a thorough cleaning along with the cone and see if that does the trick, otherwise i guess i'll have to pick up a few extra attomizer bodies.

What do you guys use for the delivery method w/ these? I like the attomizer but the tanks mute so much flavor. I've just been direct dripping but I feel like i've been adding too many drops too often cuz i get juice coming out of the bottom of the atty so often. Hopefully i didn't do any damage to it if thats why it's not working now.

When you direct drip what kind of atty do you use? I have a drip tip for ego c and can just put that in place of the tank-cart but I haven't used it in a while because I usually use a lr306 for dripping but this comes in handy for c attys that don't wick well or ones that are de-wicked and setup for dripping. I can get a lot of extra life out of an atty doing this and an old atty cleans up nice and is very usable for a long time. I also like Vision clearomisers but a eGo C setup(or a Volt e-cig) is my first choice when dripping is inconvenient. I seem to get better vapor and flavor from eGo C but so many others swear by Vision clearos. C attys with a tank and Vision clearomisers are the next best thing to dripping IMO but there are new things coming out all the time and I haven't tried everything either. My brother made a homemade atty that stays submerged in eliquid that has potential and there are other delivery methods that might prove to be great.

When I drip i use the ego-c atty w/ a drip tip in place of the tank. 3 drops gets me about 3 or 4 long drags, but after that I get a burnt taste, so i add 1 more drop. This seems to flood the atty and i get juice out the battery/atty connection :( Do i need to just space my drags out more or does it sound like i'm doing something wrong?

I have a vision clearomizer, a smoke tek dual coil tank, and some Boge cartos on the way just to try 'em out. Hoping to find some more consistent delivery methods

Personally i'm not liking the ego-c tanks at all, the flavor & TH are just too weak in comparison to dripping. LOVE the ego batteries tho so at least thats 1 component for sure down. My 1000mah passthrough has been lasting me 24+ hours under pretty heavy use.

When I drip i use the ego-c atty w/ a drip tip in place of the tank. 3 drops gets me about 3 or 4 long drags, but after that I get a burnt taste, so i add 1 more drop. This seems to flood the atty and i get juice out the battery/atty connection :( Do i need to just space my drags out more or does it sound like i'm doing something wrong?

I have a vision clearomizer, a smoke tek dual coil tank, and some Boge cartos on the way just to try 'em out. Hoping to find some more consistent delivery methods

Personally i'm not liking the ego-c tanks at all, the flavor & TH are just too weak in comparison to dripping. LOVE the ego batteries tho so at least thats 1 component for sure down. My 1000mah passthrough has been lasting me 24+ hours under pretty heavy use.

This has been my experience also. The ego C is not meant for dripping but it does work and there are ways to eliminate or at least minimize the leaking and dry hit issues. The atty is like a cup and when you drip into some liquid may fall to the outside of it and it can't get back in. Removing the spike tube will help the juice not fall to the outside and there are other McGyver ways to make a good drip atty out of it but I only do this to old attys that loose flavor because I take them apart and dry burn them and clean them and they work great again but with all the wicking material gone and the spike tube wick no longer good I leave it all out and drip on it. I'm happy with a fresh lr ego c atty and tank for a couple of weeks but sooner or later the flavor and sometimes the vapor taper off. Doing this I can get about 200% more life out of an atty with even better vapor and flavor than when it was new. Or you can just toss it and use a fresh one with the tank. Flavor and vapor are pretty darn good when used like recomended but if you want the best dripping experience with your eGo get yourself a lr306 atty with a drip tip. The 306 have a special drip tip made just for them and those attys last a long time and flavor/th/vapor from a lr306 with an ego type battery doesn't get much better from any delivery system on any battery or mod of any kind. IMO the only thing that comes close is standard resistant drip attys on a higher voltage mod.

Awesome thanks! I'll check out the lr306. Glad to hear it's not just me w/ the ego c attys, and I know exactly what ur talking about cuz I'd get a dry hit, then take a peek in there and I could see the juice building up on the outter ring. I'd try like hell to get it to fall into the center w/ no luck. I think if i get those 306's for dripping, use the ego-c's only for the tanks, then have my cartos for on the go i hope to have a good balance of variety & flavor.

One last comment about eGo C. I can't say I'd recommend this type of delivery system but the ego tank system in general has kept me satisfied for a long time now and I have more recently purchased booge cartos, vision clearos, attys of every resistance, VV mod, dual coil clearos and tried them all with different juice mixes etc. and I can dial in my ProVari to make any of these things work to the best of there potential but I always go back to eGo c because it works for me and when I want that extra good flavor and vapor I use the ego with the lr306 drip atty but most of the time the ego tank works almost as well without the need to drip. Just pull it out of your pocket and hit the button, it's very consistent. The down sides are that it sometimes can't keep up with a heavy vaper and the attys can get "fouled" easier than other attys, both problems have a lot to do with the type of e-liquid that are being used. I do like the draw better than the Visions and I seem to get as much if not better vapor and flavor with ego c than any other clearo or carto so I'm sticking with it but I will use my other toys too and keep an eye out for other systems.

Got my LR 306 atty yesterday.... all I can say is wow. Love it. Thanks so much for the advise! No leaking, no dry hits, no wasted juice, and AMAZING flavor & TH!! I'll hang onto my ego-c tanks & attys as backups but I can stop looking b/c i found my mainstay delivery system. Between this and my boge cartos for on the go i think i've got myself covered from every angle. Thanks again!!

Glad your happy with the 306 atty danpio. I've been getting frustrated with ego c lately ever since I tried vaping 50/50 pg/vg juice. I vaped this in the past with the older ego tank systems with no problems. Now there's a problem. I'll use ego C for the thinner, mostly pg juices otherwise I'm dripping or using the ego type b tank atty which for some reason works great with 50/50 and holds more juice. You should also try Vision Clearomisers. They are hassle free and work great with any ego type battery.

I've already got one on the way :) but i ordered it from vapor supplies using China Air.... which as i didn't see at first in the disclaimer... takes 2-4 weeks to ship. It's been 'preparing shipment' for about a week and half now lol. Hopefully one day it'll make it to me :)

Also i've expierienced much of the same w/ the ego-c tanks, better for thin juices, and better used as a backup/2nd pv as it never seemed to keep up with me. I put it down for a few mins tho and you get a couple sweet hits. i've got about 10 of those atties so i'll use them as a backup but now i need to stock up on these 306's and more boge cartos. Mmmm Mmmm good.

I have switched to a 75pg and 25 vg juice and that seemed to help quite a bit with flavor and dry hit while using the ego tanks. My question is when using the 306 the product description says there is no filler how does juice stay in carto if not upright.

Thanks Hoejef

From what i understand it's designed mostly for dripping, so you only put a couple drops in at a time. The one i bought from thevaporroom.com had an option for it come w/ a drip tip (what i opted for) or 5 blank cartridges, so I suppose you could essentially turn it into a carto if you had your own filler material, but I only use it for dripping and so far so good. Hope that helps!

• 7 months later...