Do People Just Vape 0 Mgs?

Mango97

I quit smoking a couple of weeks ago, cold turkey. I have to due to a medical condition anyway. I'm still a little edgy, but haven't reached for a cigarette for fear of going into a full blown asthma attack, however, the worst times are after my coffee and meals, especially dinner. Cinnamon candy only goes so far before my mouth is bleeding from eating so many of them. I seem to be missing the taste of tobacco after dinner.

I tried to order a Joye 510 yesterday and asked that my tobacco flavored juice be 0 mgs and the vendor told me that I was wasting my money because I would not get any throat hit and would probably never use the device; that 0 mgs is for people trying to get off vaping Then, he went on to tout the virtues of nicotine outside of an analog, yadda yadda. Seemed to me he wanted to sell me nicotine and felt that it was really no big deal.

So, my question is are there vapors who just vape for the flavor of tobacco at 0 mgs and if so, has this been enough to prevent you from picking up an analog?

you won't get any throat hit at all. nicotine is the ingredient in e juice that provides the throat hit. you could get some 0mg nic juice just to puff on if you want. it may help with the actual ritual of being able to smoke after dinner and what not but obviously will not help you physically get through any withdrawals.

WTG on Quitting smoking. I quit a little over a year ago and I am still vaping. I started off with 18 mg of nic and I am happy at 24 mg. I tried vaping 0 mg of nic and I could not do it. I would get angry so I put my self on 24 mg of nic and I am happy.

Zero mg can indeed have a TH ... although its miminum compared to 18mg.

Add 1 drop of everclear (vodka) per 10mls of joose will add TH. If not, then try 2 drops per 10.

Mint and menthol both have a natural TH too.

If still not satisfied then try adding vodka to some menthol.

There are other flavors too but this will get u started. Good luck.

I agree with Uma. Cinnamon or menthol at 0 mg does have throat hit, just not as strong as with nicotine. We do have many vapers that are happy at 0 mg. Did you go to a kiosk or shopping on-line? We have many great vendors on-line (probably cheaper), that sell 0mg without hassel.

If you do decide to try the 0mg also order a low nicotine (8mg) just in case. With your Asthma, I would maybe consider VG base (vegetable Glycerin)...PG can cause coughing in some people.

Nicotine is least of the problems with smoking. With asthma it is more the carbon monoxide, Tar and Burning material that cause the biggest problem.

does the amount of throat hit equate to a better taste? I am not sure throat hit is as important to me now at this point as taste and just having something in the hand.

I agree with your idea Kitsune of getting 8 mg. I suppose it would be a good idea to have around in the event of a stressful situation and much better than picking up an analog. Thanks for pointing out that PG might cause coughing. I was wondering about that myself. I wish I could try these things first before buying, but thankful there are veterans around to help.

what you can do so your'e not spending a ton of money on different juices is order some small 3ml trial sizes of juice, enough to try it out for a full day or so without spending a whole bunch. most good juice vendors will offer trial sizes.

Look at it this way...you can invest in the hardware. And try a few liquids until you find what you like. Like Viper Ron posted...3ml sizes or even 5ml. No the nicotine does not affect taste. Flavors are great, even at 0 nic.

as far as hardware...Not sure if you are set on the 510 or not. The 510 has a fairly short use time between charges--couple hours. If you look into the ego, it has a much longer use time between charges.

The ego is a bit fatter...about the size of a standard sharpie. The 900Mah ego battery with atomizer or cartomizer is almost exactly the same size (width and Length) of a sharpie.

Ego come in various Mah---650 - 1100. The lower the Mah, the shorther the battery and the shorther the use time between charges.

When I first started vaping I told myself I would start at a medium nic level and gradually get down to 0mg and possibly quit vaping as well.

Well like I told myself I got down to 0mg but I just didn't like it as much as I did with even a subtle throat hit at say 6mg. Like kitsune said the nicotine will not really affect the taste of the juice, but I found it a bit easier to get off analogs with a bit of nicotine in the juice.

I'd suggest finding a vender that offers cheap small bottles of ejuice with the option of getting the same flavor is 0mg nic and a low level of nicotine like 6mg.

madvapes.com was one of the first places I started buying my ejuice because they have a huge variety of juices at very low prices for you to experiment with so you could find your preferences.

A 5ml bottle of 0mg juice is $1.79 and the same flavor and size at 6mg is just 1.99

Good Luck

I don't recommend adding alcohol to your juice - it isn't very safe at all.

I do occasionally vape 0mg... but 6mg is much better. I don't like a ton of throat hit, but with no nic it feels like you are vaping nothing. That's fine for me, occasionally... but you need a little something.

Vaping 0mg at high voltage (warmer vapor) helps a little, but I'd recommend sticking to 6mg, unless you want off the nicotine all together. Even if you are quitting the nic, it is better to start with a tiny bit, and eventually sneak some 0mg into your rotation.

The cigarette and tobacco excise tax are completely separate from sales tax. The technology that surfaced in the 90's that you mentioned was a nicotine inhaler with a tobacco flavor but not nearly as close to an analog cig as our E-smokes do. With multi billion dollar companies like Philip Morris and RJ Renyolds out there there is that threat they will try and buy out these Chinese companies that are cutting into their profit margins. Thankfully there are a few being almost entirely made in the us and I know there are currently a few US patents pending on various E-cigs so the disappearance of the E-cig, in the US at least is unlikely.

This is the first time ive encountered a negative towards adding a drop of vodka. I apparantly have some research cut out for me. Where do i start? Links please.

There is also a TH additive you can buy at various DIY shops like Dawn's. I cant recall the proper name of it tho.

I try to stay at low or no nic just in case vaping gets outlawed or cost prohibitive.I like my Dekang liquids for the flavor and I do not 'fein for the nic if I get too busy or otherwise unable to vape.Vaping is the only substitution method that ever allowed me to quit smoking.Out of curiosity I bought a pack of Camels not long ago,the first one wasn't bad.The second one was nasty and I gave them away and have no desire anymore.I have been vaping over two years now .

Edited by mcquinn

Flavour art makes a product called flash. I got some from ecig express. Been playing with it a bit, currently the jury is out. currently I am getting inconsistent throat hit while using this with 0mg liquid. no throat hit to harsh throat hit and everything in between.

I don't recommend vaping straight alcohol...but I hadn't heard that a small amount would be that bad. At least no worse than the flavorings we use in the liquids, many of them have an alcohol base.......

Well, to be fair - you didn't notice any immediately harmful effects from smoking cigarettes. It is over time that the damage to your lungs becomes an issue. Some is used in some flavors already, but it isn't the best idea to add to it.

Opinions vary, of course. I prefer to err on the side of caution - I think it is far safer to add a little nicotine to improve TH than to add more alcohol.

Edited by Deadpool809

Look at it this way...you can invest in the hardware. And try a few liquids until you find what you like. Like Viper Ron posted...3ml sizes or even 5ml. No the nicotine does not affect taste. Flavors are great, even at 0 nic.

as far as hardware...Not sure if you are set on the 510 or not. The 510 has a fairly short use time between charges--couple hours. If you look into the ego, it has a much longer use time between charges.

The ego is a bit fatter...about the size of a standard sharpie. The 900Mah ego battery with atomizer or cartomizer is almost exactly the same size (width and Length) of a sharpie.

Ego come in various Mah---650 - 1100. The lower the Mah, the shorther the battery and the shorther the use time between charges.

I did order an Ego and some juice at 0 mgs. I am excited about trying it out and see if helps me with that wanting some tobacco flavor after a meal.

Thanks for all the tips, Everyone! I'll let you know how I like vaping.

Cheers.