18 replies to this topic

#1 twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

I found this image while i was surfing the net trying to find good pairings with my 3.7v and 5v ecigs. Hopefully it can help someone else as well

#2 profbeard

profbeard

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

It's a fair guide, but a bit on the cautious side...

#3 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,550 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Stickied :)

#4 blucavvy

blucavvy

Addicted to Shoutbox

• VIP Member
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Vaping, weightlifting, and oh yeah ARMY

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

nice!

#5 sasetrase

sasetrase

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Self Improvement, Dubstep, PUA, Education, Firearms

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

So I am sure this question has been asked 102933.4 times before, but why do many people prefer high voltage vaping when you can get the same or HIGHER watts out of lower voltage and lower resistance? Warmer vapor possibly? I am still trying to figure out how to use my multimeter I picked up...so sue me.

#6 Deadpool809

Deadpool809

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

I think you hit it - warmer vapor equals better throat hit. if you like that sort of thing.

#7 twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

So I am sure this question has been asked 102933.4 times before, but why do many people prefer high voltage vaping when you can get the same or HIGHER watts out of lower voltage and lower resistance? Warmer vapor possibly? I am still trying to figure out how to use my multimeter I picked up...so sue me.

battery life maybe?

#8 SaferVapors

SaferVapors

• e Cig Supplier
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Cool chart. Thanks, twelveday! I recently started using a variable voltage unit and I've been winging it so far. This will come in handy for sure, if nothing else, as a basic guideline.

In reply to sasetrase's question:
Higher voltage will give you more vapor - and a warmer vapor, but you really need to match up the right atomizer/cartomizer for the voltage you’re using to get good results.
But I guess what you really wanna know is if standard 3.7 volt e-cigs (like eGo, KGO, etc) with low resistance atomizers are equivalent to a higher voltage mod with a higher resistance atomizer – and the answer is no. It seems like it would be the same, in theory, but I’m not an expert on the technical side, and I don’t understand why it works like that, but the higher voltage will produce more vapor and warmer vapor than a 3.7volt e-cig using low resistance atomizers or cartomizers.
On the negative side, you’ll use more e-liquid with higher voltage and some e-liquids taste better than others at high voltage - and again, the amount of atomizer resistance comes into play with the flavor aspect as well as the throat hit & vapor production. Okay, I think I'll stop now that I've made it totally confusing:)

Hope this helped a little anyway. BTW, I've been an avid vaper for over 2 years, been butt-free for over 2 years after a 25 year habit, and I've always been content with eGo type batteries matched up with the right atomizers & cartomizers, so you don't necessarily have to go high voltage.

#9 bobthesalesclerk

bobthesalesclerk

I Like Ice Cream

• VIP Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Its strange but right now i am using

3ohm carto @ 4.8 volts = 8 watts

How ever when i use a 1.5ohm Atty on my alpha i am getting roughly 11 watts

The 3ohm on the variable voltage just feels better. Bette flavor, warmer vapor, better throat hit. I can't eplain it but that's just how it works.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

#10 twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

the sasquatch of the vapeworld