Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Using My First Lr Cartomizer With Bad Results

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Soberrider

Soberrider

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Vaping, Motorcycles

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

I am trying my first lr cartomizer and so far every time I try to hit it I get a strong smell of burning clothes. I have filled it to the max but I keep getting that aweful burnt smell and taste when I hit it. I guess I need some one to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Its a regular eGo passthrough battery with VaporKings Boge 2.0 cartomizer totally filled.

#2 blucavvy

blucavvy

Addicted to Shoutbox

• VIP Member
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Vaping, weightlifting, and oh yeah ARMY

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

what kind of juice? some juice's don't like low resistance, that's y it's good to have a mix of sr and lr carto's/atty's layin around.

that's what makes variable voltage so great, because every juice has it's own "sweet spot", higher voltage and lower ohm's is not always the end all be all of vaping.

#3 Soberrider

Soberrider

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I think I have the eliquid at about 60%PG 40%VG. So far its been a terrible experience and I've been hacking out the burnt material I smoked.

#4 mega

mega

Lord Vaper

• VIP Member
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:cars, vaping, sci-fi, building mods

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

what lr carto is it. there are some bad resurectors going around. 1.7ohm ones.

#5 blucavvy

blucavvy

Addicted to Shoutbox

• VIP Member
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Vaping, weightlifting, and oh yeah ARMY

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

is it a mostly clear colored liquid? or is it like a darker brown liquid? in my experience some of those darker liquids CAN be good in a lower ohm, but some of them will burn when they get that much warmer.

it's been my experience (and this may vary due to voltage/ohm/juice etc...) that the lighter liquids seem to do better for me at a lower ohm, some of my dark vanilla juices do good and they're almost "carmelized" at a lower ohm but some of them just flat out burn.

hope this helps bud

edit: i just noticed your'e fairly heavy on the vg, now this isn't necessarily a bad thing but vg is notorious for not absorbing/wicking in carto's very well, did you let the carto sit for at least a little while after you filled it?

Edited by blucavvy, 08 February 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#6 Soberrider

Soberrider

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have VaporKings 510D 2.0 ohm cartomizers and the liquid I used is from Crystal that started out as 100% PG but I added some VG to it. I'll just have to try letting it set a while I guess. So far its still pretty nasty.

#7 mega

mega

Lord Vaper

• VIP Member
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:cars, vaping, sci-fi, building mods

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

maybe sice you added to it it needs to steep.

#8 Deadpool809

Deadpool809

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Since it is a carto, I am wondering if you didn't let it sit long enough on that first hit. If you burned the filler material bad enough, it is always going to taste burned. You might need to try a new carto.

#9 joe2003

joe2003

"Lookin out from the inside"

• VIP Member
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:reading,airguns,vaping,pogo:)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I am trying my first lr cartomizer and so far every time I try to hit it I get a strong smell of burning clothes. I have filled it to the max but I keep getting that aweful burnt smell and taste when I hit it. I guess I need some one to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Its a regular eGo passthrough battery with VaporKings Boge 2.0 cartomizer totally filled.

1st If it ever tastes or smells burnt toss it.
That carto will not get better,only worse and ya don't wanna be smokin diapers:)
2nd Boge LR cartos don't usually handle VG very well.
Try to stay around 20%VG or less unless it is really thin juice or it just won't wick well.
3rd when you fill a new carto it's a good idea to let it soak for ~5min. just so the juice can get
into the filler thoroughly.The filler is a bit resistant at first but consecutive fills are easier and
don't need a waiting period.

HTH

#10 mcquinn

mcquinn

Vapor Talk Uber God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,501 posts
  • Interests:HVAC/R tech.,guitar,music in general,

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I agree if you don't let them soak in well before lighting them off the first time they will scorch and pretty much be ruined.I have also gotten some Boge carto's that the filler is closer to the end than normal and I suspect the element isn't embedded in the filler and they do that.Try another one as they pretty much rock.