Reo Mod Experience?

calebw

Does anyone have any expereince with the REO MOD? Thinking about purchasing my first bottom-feeder. This Mod looks interesting and well-built. But would like to hear what others have to say. I have watched the YouTube videos on the REOs. But I am not sure that all those videos are justified. They seem more like advertisements. Cuz their are no negative comments. I am just wondering if it is hard to push the bottle without over-dosing the atomizer or flooding the atomizer. And if it becomes a messy leaking feeder type. Maybe I should just go with vari-voltage Mod and a tank system? Any actual users of this REO would be great to hear from.

Not an actual user... but it's very difficult to 'flood' the atomizer, simply because if you do, the 'extra' is sucked back into the bottle. That's the great thing about bottom feeders, and this device in general. I've heard it's a rock solid unit as well. I would like one myself... but can never seem to get them when they are available in the color combo I want.

I don't put much faith in video reveiws.The usual line is "this is for sure my new all day device/liquid" I have never found a negative reveiw yet but I don't bother with them any more .

I have a Reo Grand and it does work well. It is well built, very solid, and does not leak. As Dayvape says, the extra liquid gets sucked back into the bottle, so you do not flood the atty. I absolutely love the bottom feeders! I had the Ali'i before I got the Reo, so I was used to the side button on it. That made getting used to the top button on the Reo a bit of a challenge, but I got used to it quickly. For me, it is much easier to use the Ali'i one handed because the bottle and the button are next to each other. You just move your finger up and down between them. With the Reo, the bottle opening is on the side and the button on the top, so I have to turn the unit in my hand to squeeze the bottle, then turn again to use the button. It took awhile for me to get used to that, but then that's because I was used to using the Ali'i first. It's different, but not bad. The Reo is a very square box, without rounded corners, and the corners can dig into my hand if I don't hold it just right. I now 'cradle' the unit in my fingers with the bottom of the unit resting on my pinky finger. That works well for me. I think part of my problem is that it's just a little bit too big to fit comfortably in my hand. Or it could be from being used to the Ali'i that does have the rounded corners and is just a bit smaller so that it fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. I choose to go with the Reo Grand because it used the 6ml bottle and the 18650 battery, both of which are favorites of mine. The only negative I can think of is that the battery cover slips a little bit - moves up and down while vaping. Since I changed the way I hold it, that doesn't happen as much as it did at first. In my opinion the Reo is a well made PV, is easy to use, and works great.

I am going to make this as easy as I can for the OP

BUY A REO!

:) I am the proud owner of a mini and i love it. They are simple and convenient. Also...the mini is by far the most comfortable mod I have ever held. My only complaint is the button but its a verrrrrrrry minor complaint(it locks when you don't want it to sometimes...maybe once a day).

Do yourself a favor and stop thinking about buying a reo and do it :)

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

I agree... but I'd go for the 'Grand' if I had a choice !

The grand would be awesome just for battery life + 6mils of juice. The mini just fits in the hand so comfortably though. I was going to get a grand because I was really looking for longer battery life since I already have my 14500 device but I am happy with the mini. The VV Grand will probably be my next mod though :)(or an ipro).

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

I have a;Reo Grand and absolutely love it. It's comfortable in my hand, (after I warm it up in my pocket lol), and I use my index finger to push the button. The bottle is easy to squeeze. It takes a few rounds to find the correct squeeze amount, but the learning curve is typically pretty short. I used to use my eGo for DD of new flavors on the 510 atty, but now I use my Reo for Direct Dripping because it's never a messy deal. I alternate both methods... DD and squeeze. You're not stuck with just one way of vaping with it, which is a huge bonus in my eye. Some even put tanks on them for quick changes of flavors. Some use cartos, because it's so easy to keep them topped off. Personally, I'm attached to the LR 510 attys, especially Cisco's, so I've stuck with those and love it. It offers so many options, and yet it's so basically simple. And you cannot beat the sturdy and beautiful craftsmanship. It's totally mechanical, can give it a bubble bath when needed. I hope you get one, they're really great to have in long travels and short.