Your cart is empty!
View Cart Checkout
Cart subtotal: $0.00
Welcome to Vapor Talk E Cig Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nicotine Makes You Sleepy?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

jtphenom

jtphenom

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 108 posts
I've read some posts where people say that higher levels of nicotine make them sleepy. Can someone please explain to me how that works? I thought nicotine was a stimulant...??

Jeffb

Jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,258 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain
Actually, nicotine is unusual in that it acts as both a stimulant AND a depressant - which is one reason why it is so addictive. it calms the nerves while creating a rush of energy, and has a mind-clearing effect similiar to caffeine...the more you vape, the more u want. nicotine is incredibly hard to kick because it is both physically and psychologically addictive.

twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts
it doesnt so much as make me sleepy personally, it 'relaxes' me, so its easier for me to sleep if i lay down.

Electroniccigaretteguy

Electroniccigaretteguy

Affiliate Site Owner

• VT Member
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, Gaming , E-cigs
It makes me pretty hyper if I hit my e-cig constantly at night. I try to ease up on it around 8pm but sometimes I don't.

DAYVAPE

DAYVAPE

VT TROLL !

• VIP Member
  • 2,400 posts
I 'hit it' at night whenever I wake up !! :yes
And then of course... I fall right back to sleep... wike a wittle baby !

Edited by DAYVAPE, 25 January 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,655 posts
I used to get sleepy when I first started vaping. Especially when vaping 24mg. It'd make me drowsy. That has since well worn off. Only last about a month tops.

Viper Ron

Viper Ron

eGo maniac & Megaholic

• VIP Member
  • 1,663 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Games and Website Building.
Lunch makes me sleepy :p

kitsune

kitsune

Vapor Talk FanGirl

• VIP Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs, Vaping, cooking, Tequila
Many medications have opposite reactions in certain people...nicotine is one of these. can be a stimulant, a depressant or both.
Benadryl is another one....for most people it makes sleepy, some it makes hyper.
Ritalin or other ADD meds are an amphetamine or the equivalent to speed...in those with ADD its a depressant, in the rest of the world its a stimulant......

It all depends on the individual and the individual reaction

mega

mega

Lord Vaper

• VIP Member
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:cars, vaping, sci-fi, building mods
kitsune you hit it right on the head. I was just gonna say that about the add. If you have ADD or ADHD and you take a stimulant it will calm u right down. trust me ....Mr. Add over here lol.

Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,655 posts

Many medications have opposite reactions in certain people...nicotine is one of these. can be a stimulant, a depressant or both.
Benadryl is another one....for most people it makes sleepy, some it makes hyper.
Ritalin or other ADD meds are an amphetamine or the equivalent to speed...in those with ADD its a depressant, in the rest of the world its a stimulant......

It all depends on the individual and the individual reaction

Benadryl knocks me out cold lol. Ashley can take it without any problems and she's fine. I take it, 25 minutes later and I'm snoring. It's interesting how different chemicals/medications effect (affect?) people differently.