Hi Everyone ~ 1st post, yay!

So I started vaping just over 2 months ago (after 16 years of those nasty analogs, yippee!!!) and about two weeks in, I started spitting up blood every time I brushed my teeth. I never had this issue before so I assume it must be because of vaping. It's dissipated almost completely now so I'm not too concerned but was wondering if anyone else experienced this?? As a side note, my teeth and gums have never looked healthier!

Just joined this amazingly awesome site today so I'm sorry if I'm being redundant, don't know if this was posted already. I've been trolling here for about 10 hours (give or take, lol) now, and I must say this is hands down the best vaping site/forum I've stumbled across. So many inspirational, insightful people & topics! :)

Interesting. I havent heard of this happening, but since the bleeding stopped and you continue to vape, I believe it had more to do with stopping smoking....... just a theory. :)

Oh riiiight. I never thought of that, lol. And I have heard about increased blood flow when you stop smoking (also experienced it, my fingers/toes were ALWAYS cold when I was smoking & that has improved dramatically since I stopped) so increased blood to my mouth would only make sense. Thanks Jeff!

glad it got better for you. I am 1 year into vaping and I just noticed my ankles swell now. ( My 84 yr old mom says it is due to me being old..lol..) during the first month of vaping I started getting a bloody nose and sores in my mouth. but least I am healthy and my heart is fine!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit - I have noticed the same thing - bleeding gums when brushing. I thought maybe I was having a gum disease issue, but my teeth appear to be fine and the bleeding persisted after a good cleaning.

I was wondering if the vaping was causing a bit of oral dehydration. When you are dehydrated, your gums can form tiny cracks, which tear open when you brush.

I haven't been tracking my water consumption and matching it with the bleeding, but I do notice it waxes and wanes - and some days I drink more water, and some none at all. I guess I'll start paying attention and seeing if there is a corelation, but this might be the cause of that issue. You are supposed to drink more water when vaping ANYWAY, so good advice even if it isn't the cause.

• 1 month later...

I've never consumed as much water as I do now...since I took up vaping! It really makes me dry/thirsty... but that certainly isn't a bad thing now that I need the water more than I did before. Just keep in mind that we now need to be on top of our water consumption more than ever since vaping dries you out like it does! :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE

I believe I read somewhere that smoking cigarettes slowly kills your nerve endings and now that most of us quit those same nerve endings are healing and blood returning to those areas. I'm no doctor but this may be whats happening.

I have had bleeding gums sometimes before I started vaping and after so I never linked it. Went to the dentist recently for the first time in 20 years and he says I am in need of a deep cleaning. The part of the teeth below the gumline can get buildup of junk and will eat away at the bone making your teeth loose. I have a little bone loss as shown on the xrays so I will do what he says. Years of smoking and not going to the dentist are the reasons for this. My teeth have gotten better since I quit the stinkies.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I started vaping a couple of weeks ago to get off of Nicorette ( totally addictive). This morning I woke up with a nosebleed ( bad one) and tonight my gums started bleeding when I brushed my teeth. I haven't smoked in months. I have periodontal disease and get a peri-cleaning every four months. Had one about a month ago and teeth and gums were healthy. I'm a flossoholic and very ocd about taking care of my teeth and gums. This is what I think. I think vaping isn't as healthy an alternative as people think. It's irritating delicate tissues of the nose and making my gums bleed. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and quit all nicotine for good. They say the gum can cause problems with teeth and gums and cause oral cancer. Why would vaped nicotine be any different?

Gotta love the drive-by misinformation trolls...

I wonder if they get paid by some anti-vaping org, Big Tobacco, or Big Pharma to do this? 

The posts on FB are getting downright insane in both number and ridiculousness... I personally love the one where the person just got back from burying their aunt because she died from oil coating her lungs, or radiation from the coil, or whatever insanity they can think of... And, all I can think of is, Gee, this woman must have had a HUGE family, lol... a few thousand and counting, all attended her funeral :D

Sad part is people that haven't a clue believe it. I think it kinda funny (suspicious) that there are now studies popping up saying that Nicotine is a cause of cancer. With all the past studies against that being the case, you would think that people would smell the rotten fish in the bucket.

Never heard of the Radiated coil LOL Maybe they shouldn't heat their juice in a microwave to speed age it anymore! :D LOL

• 4 months later...

You more than likely have gingivitis. It is from infected and irritated gum tissue.Brush with food grade hydrogen peroxide and baking sod, preferably before you go to bed. Put some peroxide in a small cup and dip your toothbrush in and put baking soda in the palm of your hand and dab the wet toothbrush in the soda. Brush lightly and concentrate along your gums for several minutes. This will be difficult at first because your gums are so tender. Flossing always helps wink.png and I would suggest you have your teeth professionally cleaned.I do this several times a week . . . in fact I only use baking soda when I brush in the morning and at bedtime and only add the peroxide 2 or 3 times a week.By the way . . if you only have hydrogen peroxide that you use to disinfect wounds, you can use this too . . . just dilute it with water 50/50 and it really works advised by Las Vagus Dental Implants.Good luck