Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Bleeding Gums

health mouth teeth blood toothbrush

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 charmnsass

charmnsass

• Vapor Talk Noobie
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi Everyone ~ 1st post, yay!

So I started vaping just over 2 months ago (after 16 years of those nasty analogs, yippee!!!) and about two weeks in, I started spitting up blood every time I brushed my teeth. I never had this issue before so I assume it must be because of vaping. It's dissipated almost completely now so I'm not too concerned but was wondering if anyone else experienced this?? As a side note, my teeth and gums have never looked healthier!

Just joined this amazingly awesome site today so I'm sorry if I'm being redundant, don't know if this was posted already. I've been trolling here for about 10 hours (give or take, lol) now, and I must say this is hands down the best vaping site/forum I've stumbled across. So many inspirational, insightful people & topics! :)

#2 jeffb

jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,157 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Interesting. I havent heard of this happening, but since the bleeding stopped and you continue to vape, I believe it had more to do with stopping smoking....... just a theory. :)

#3 charmnsass

charmnsass

• Vapor Talk Noobie
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Oh riiiight. I never thought of that, lol. And I have heard about increased blood flow when you stop smoking (also experienced it, my fingers/toes were ALWAYS cold when I was smoking & that has improved dramatically since I stopped) so increased blood to my mouth would only make sense. Thanks Jeff!

#4 Tagsanstuff

Tagsanstuff

Vaping Chick

• VIP Member
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:vaping,computers,
    family and friends.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

glad it got better for you. I am 1 year into vaping and I just noticed my ankles swell now. ( My 84 yr old mom says it is due to me being old..lol..) during the first month of vaping I started getting a bloody nose and sores in my mouth. but least I am healthy and my heart is fine!

#5 twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

ive never had that problem and i was a 2pack a day smoker for a couple years, allergic reaction maybe? Id think youd get healthier once you quit, i certainly feel healthier and more refreshed nowadays.

#6 Uma

Uma

Off- grid Solar baby

• VIP Member
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

I had the same symptom about 3 months in. It lasted about 2 weeks. I did somersaults too after learning it was a healing symptom. Isn't life grand!

#7 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,592 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Interesting. I've never heard of this before.

#8 Saabdrifter

Saabdrifter

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Tube Mods!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Had the same thing. My dentist told me it was my mouth healing. Lasted for 2-3 weeks. Now my gums are better than they have been in 15 years.

#9 twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

weird, i guess my gums arent healed yet or i just didnt notice, which is kind of scares me a bit lol

#10 Deadpool809

Deadpool809

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

I have to admit - I have noticed the same thing - bleeding gums when brushing. I thought maybe I was having a gum disease issue, but my teeth appear to be fine and the bleeding persisted after a good cleaning.

I was wondering if the vaping was causing a bit of oral dehydration. When you are dehydrated, your gums can form tiny cracks, which tear open when you brush.

I haven't been tracking my water consumption and matching it with the bleeding, but I do notice it waxes and wanes - and some days I drink more water, and some none at all. I guess I'll start paying attention and seeing if there is a corelation, but this might be the cause of that issue. You are supposed to drink more water when vaping ANYWAY, so good advice even if it isn't the cause.