Ego-C Initial Impressions

dham340

Necessary update on Ego C

Couple of weeks in and this device remains one tick away from total recommendation, due to the juice tank itself. The usual suspects have reared their heads again and I think it time to pinpoint the problem with this A atty delivery. It's not the atty, it's not the feed (more on that later) and it's not the wick. The problem with this device rest squarely with the tank itself, and vacuum....or lack thereof. This is why juice is sometimes mutated and draw becomes tight. It simply does not have enough open air feed from the tank itself.

This is why heavy or long draw vapor persons do not like this device IMHO. There's not enough draw (or air) getting through this closed system. Sorry if it seems maverick is dominating this thread, but feel it necessary to report the findings. It's one man's opinion, but here's the breakdown as I see it:

Light/Low ml per day vapors: Very nice device and possibly a good purchase. Recommend

Medium vapors: Great for stealth and back up pocket device (I'll have a couple for this) Recommend

Heavy vapors: Not good. It will not deliver the steady and strong hit for longevity (mistake in purchase could be the result). Not recommended.

Really don't think a new person can go wrong with this system and it's great for testing juices, light to moderate vaping, and overall improvements in design, which are prevalent. Others have suggested the feed is not fast enough but this feed problem could never reach conclusion until we have enough air draw to feed the atty. Direct drip onto the spike will produce a very nice hit and plumes of vapor. Direct drip onto the coil will do the same.

However, once the tank is in place and restriction takes place......it's tight draw and muted flavor. Certainly enjoying this tank set up as we speak. However, when I want a really good hit and pure taste of juice, the 3.7 mod with carto is sitting here at the ready. One more step for Joye to take if they want to cover the heavy users. Vape on.....

• 2 weeks later...

Question: about two Weeks in and finally getting a plasticy taste. My atty I assume is done for? Replaced and fixed the issue. I hear you can actually bring them back to life using cheap vodka for soaking. Anyone with experience with this?

Who's this 'maverick' character anyway? LMAO... j/k brotha... all input on the unit is welcome I'm sure! :yes

I hear ya DV and it's just an old half jock/half hippie from the 70's. Looking upon today? Perhaps not so bad a decade for growing up. :scooter:

Dragaa, not sure what your post means and excuse my lack of perception....but is the atty dead? Or are you just getting the plastic taste now, after you fixed the atty? These will run fine for an average of 2 weeks and then maintenance begins. Had one die on me and rotate the other four. Two are in service after cleaning, two are drying after cleaning. I clean and switch them out every week now. I do toss them into a LOW water boil (AFTER dry burn) for about 20 minutes. Soaking in vodka afterward does not seem to enhance the cleaning.

The tank itself needs to either go metal in design, or increase flow. Think the plastic design allows for leaching....just as the plastic bottles do. Nic can be stubborn on plastic and it's a very small channel your running here. Good news? The plastic caps on the tanks wear out about the same time leaching begins, so it's time to toss it anyway. I fight the condensation in tank with a Q tip for this duration, but nothing like putting a new tank into service.

Still enjoy this for what it does, and sometimes dislike it for what it doesn't do. I have found the LR runs very well on 3.7 mod device with ego adapter. I trust you have purchased some carto's while you play with the C atty?

Edited by maverick

Nah I haven't I wasn't aware I could even use cartos on this device (keep in mind this is my first vaping unit, period.) By dead I meant in need of service basically. I just switched to a LR atty, i've been using the SR to use less juice and ultimately save money. I'll try the boiling deal, thanks. Being my first device I guess I haven't even thought of possibilities of other things such as cartos etc. also im a tad broke so while this device is working perfect for me so far I've seen no need. Its kept us off the smokes and saved us a ton of money and overall just been very enjoyable and convenient. Maybe one day I'll branch out..who knows. Only thing ive been honestly contemplating is when a 510c is coming out so we have a bit more attractive device to take out to bars etc. Take a little flak for looking goofy "smoking a pen" (from nonsmokers) which I think is funny anyways because I think smoking a cigarette at this point looks way more idiotic. As always thanks for the response!

A soak in vodka should do it. I actually use 90% rubbing alcohol. Soak overnight, and a quick rinse with water. Let it dry for a day or so. I've been switching between two atty's for almost a month now. Just clean one when it starts misbehaving, and stick the other one in.

Good advice. Alcohol does work but I've found no benefit in boiling and using 90%. One or the other works fine.

Draggaa.....if you have an Ego batt, the 510 connection is the same for carts. Seriously, this would be a necessary step while you fiddle with the C atty. Glad your learning and liking it, but being a new vape person? I'd cover my back with some carts. JMHO

PM me if you wish and I'll send you out a couple for trying. I may even have a bottle of juice here to send with it. We want you to succeed...........

Edited by maverick

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have the Ego-C and LOVE IT! The C is an amazing machine. I went from analogs, to Blu, back to analogs and now to the Ego-C and have been pretty consistently using the Ego-C exclusively now. I love it. Got some juices from vaporcrave and love most of them. I will put a review of the juices up when I have time. Hopefully will get pretty big into the reviewing of juices and devices as I love vaping.

No leaks, but yes. It does require a box of tissue and a blunt injector to use without wasting too much juice. Have not tried carts yet, those will be my next acquisition.

Just got my LR attys in and I haven't found a juice I like the LR's with more than the standard. They leave a burnt taste in my mouth sadly. I was hoping simply for a more intense experience, but I am just getting a burnt flavor. I am not using traditional tobacco flavors beyond that of menthols that include tobacco though.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated on what I should do with the other 3 LR attys I have that will probably not get used?

I'm glad to see all the positive feedback about the eGo C. Mine is arriving from the factory tomorrow. It's been a while since I was interested in trying a new device. This could be more so than ever the perfect device for new vapers. It would seem, that overall, the eGo C is no mess no fuss.

I suspect most suppliers will probably phase out the eGo and definitely the eGo T for the eGo C. The option to replace the Tank system for cartomizers should the vaper decide is also a bonus.

Along with everyone else, I'll post my thoughts on this new comer as soon as I have some time to sit down with it.

Has anyone else started to get some pretty decent burnt plastic taste from their carts? Maybe I am not changing often enough, but It seems to reason that so long as there is plenty of liquid around that there shouldn't be too much heat to melt the cart and get the plastic melting. Any thoughts?

Has anyone else started to get some pretty decent burnt plastic taste from their carts? Maybe I am not changing often enough, but It seems to reason that so long as there is plenty of liquid around that there shouldn't be too much heat to melt the cart and get the plastic melting. Any thoughts?

Do you mean your tank is melting?

It's JMHO but this is the nicotine seeping into the plastic.....not burning plastic, though the symptoms be never the less identical. With degradation of atty performance comes the ugly no air flow feed on the type A tank. In essence, they have greatly improved maintenance issues and got rid of the mesh problem around the coil, but the plastic tank in current form needs to go.

Not to beat a horse to death, but this tank needs a new tank. Fresh atty will overcome the condensation, but as the atty wears down, or becomes less effective....it will not over ride the moisture and leeching aspects of the plastic.

Choice seems to be:

New tank, old atty.

Old tank, new atty.

They cannot be combined for performance and I've put them away. Not going to mess with them until the new B type.....and that's in debate.

I haven't visibly noticed the tank melting, but that is sure what it tastes like. I just changed out my atty and tank and it is fine, I will try to clean the atty, I don't particularily want to take it apart for fear of totaling the atty, I will just boil it and see how it works.

Any suggestions on a good cartomizer to start with for experimentation for a newbie? (That is 510/Ego compatible)

Well I've had my C for a few days and I have to say overall it's quite an improvement from the Tank starter kits. I do find that the liquid doesn't wick fast enough for me but, taking "dry hits" helps pull the liquid down in between actual drags.

I'm wonder if anyone has tips or tricks. That's about the only thing I can see needing improvement.

I haven't visibly noticed the tank melting, but that is sure what it tastes like. I just changed out my atty and tank and it is fine, I will try to clean the atty, I don't particularily want to take it apart for fear of totaling the atty, I will just boil it and see how it works.

Any suggestions on a good cartomizer to start with for experimentation for a newbie? (That is 510/Ego compatible)

Hey Sase? If you just boil or soak the atty without the dry burn, it will not remove the dryed on gunk from the coil. Only way to do that is burn it off. I know you and Dragaa are communicating in another thread and see if he will forward the PM for dry burning....on to you.

If you want cartomizers for Ego, I would order from here and get a couple of these Luer cap bottles. I would not be without them and makes filling any delivery device a snap. Way better than a syringe.

http://www.vaporsetc...products_id=140

Cartos are here....same site.

http://www.vaporsetc...products_id=157

Juice here is very good for the money and RY5 is very strong on vanilla caramel. I get the more tobacco RY4 and mix 50-50 with the RY5

Edited by maverick

Well I've had my C for a few days and I have to say overall it's quite an improvement from the Tank starter kits. I do find that the liquid doesn't wick fast enough for me but, taking "dry hits" helps pull the liquid down in between actual drags.

I'm wonder if anyone has tips or tricks. That's about the only thing I can see needing improvement.

Hey Chris. I have felt the need for pushing the wick down in the spike on thicker juices. Sometimes it's so close that dry hits do help until I'm in the mood for pushing wick down. I get about 2 weeks out of an atty before pulling any maintenance. Have lost 3 so far and ordered the HR this time around. Figure 5 bucks a pop, and 2 weeks is only a couple of bucks....and around the same price as the cartos.

Hello y'all. New to this forum but not to vaping (going on 2 years), after trying out a lot of e-cigs I'd settled into dripping as the only method/system that really delivered what I wanted in a consistent cape. Can't stand things that don't work well, basically, and hate having to constantly mess with something to get it to work...just want to grab it and go ( there's a reason pre-rolled analogs are far far preferred over hand-rolling, to draw a parallel). OK, enough, don't want to OT this post into an intro, just give some background...anyways, the idea of a tank system always appealed to me but like most people I found earlier models to be...buggy at best and often horribly irritatingly/frustrating.

I think the C is finally getting close to being a system that works with a minimum of hassle/tweaking. A few thoughts came to mind while reading this thread (and thanks to all who have been contributing)...first is, I've noticed that switching in new tanks way before they seem to need changed improves performance greatly...be great to be able to buy them by the hundreds for a little over the few cents apiece they actually cost to manufacturer, and thus be able to use a new one after only a few fills, IMO, thus if anyone happens across a source for super-cheap/decent quality tanks, please post! (In accordance with rules, of course)...

Also wanted to mention (or rather add a little to what was already touched upon) that the C attys are extremely easy to clean, no soaking required...just grab a pair of needlenose pliers as mentioned, and pop off the tube/plate (being careful not to pull the wick out, they're kinda hard to get back in), then rinse the wick under hot water, they come clean rather easily...then, while that assembly is off, put the base/coil on the batt, and burn it off (standard Atty precaution applies here, too much button and it will pop)...get it glowing for a few secs, blow on to cool it off and get the ash out, repeat a few times...then reassemble and its good to go, vapes better, and tastes better...and may last longer too (haven't had it long enough to

verify that).

Again, thanks for all the info, and appreciate in advance any further sharing of experiences/tips.

Peace!

Hello y'all. New to this forum but not to vaping (going on 2 years), after trying out a lot of e-cigs I'd settled into dripping as the only method/system that really delivered what I wanted in a consistent cape. Can't stand things that don't work well, basically, and hate having to constantly mess with something to get it to work...just want to grab it and go ( there's a reason pre-rolled analogs are far far preferred over hand-rolling, to draw a parallel). OK, enough, don't want to OT this post into an intro, just give some background...anyways, the idea of a tank system always appealed to me but like most people I found earlier models to be...buggy at best and often horribly irritatingly/frustrating.

I think the C is finally getting close to being a system that works with a minimum of hassle/tweaking. A few thoughts came to mind while reading this thread (and thanks to all who have been contributing)...first is, I've noticed that switching in new tanks way before they seem to need changed improves performance greatly...be great to be able to buy them by the hundreds for a little over the few cents apiece they actually cost to manufacturer, and thus be able to use a new one after only a few fills, IMO, thus if anyone happens across a source for super-cheap/decent quality tanks, please post! (In accordance with rules, of course)...

Also wanted to mention (or rather add a little to what was already touched upon) that the C attys are extremely easy to clean, no soaking required...just grab a pair of needlenose pliers as mentioned, and pop off the tube/plate (being careful not to pull the wick out, they're kinda hard to get back in), then rinse the wick under hot water, they come clean rather easily...then, while that assembly is off, put the base/coil on the batt, and burn it off (standard Atty precaution applies here, too much button and it will pop)...get it glowing for a few secs, blow on to cool it off and get the ash out, repeat a few times...then reassemble and its good to go, vapes better, and tastes better...and may last longer too (haven't had it long enough to

verify that).

Again, thanks for all the info, and appreciate in advance any further sharing of experiences/tips.

Peace!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Another welcome to vapor talk noobie. Nice points on cleaning and I have done the dry burn and blow out a few times. Some people go so far as to want the wick in pure white as new fashion. Don't have the patience for this, while your method and all points in between will work.

Got the SR atties today and liking this first one a lot. Two juices (so far) are tasting much better at 2.2-2.4 resistance and these seem more a gurgle, as opposed to the sizzle of the LR. Too early for telling but the system either fits the HR better toward feeding aspects....or this is just a nice atty.

Agree on the tanks. Rinse and set them on the register, blow dry etc......and keep the moisture out of the channels. Soon as I see the little droplets? Changing of tanks and new drying rotation begins.

I have found myself moving to the LR attys, but of course it depends on the juice. I try it with both SR and LR attys and decide which I like better. The hardest part for me has been breaking in all these attys...I rotate a lot of attys and some aren't even broken in fully (or at least don't taste quite right) after two weeks... I am currently feverishly breaking in a new LR for my Tob Menthol from tastyvapor. I want this juice to be PERFECT so terribly...Just not quite there yet. I have found one of my main staple juices in menthol so far, but really want to make this one work.

This is my first official 80/20 PG/VG juice now. I think everything else has been 100%PG, this is taking a while to break in and I am still not sure of it. Does VG lower the taste/throat hit or is it just my imagination? I am still working on the whole PG/VG relationship...we're in an open relationship right now and I am afraid to commit, she's still not talking to me.

P.S. Atomic Cinnacide is incredible. I load that into a red tank and it just screams Awesome, (Along with the taste!)

Edited by sasetrase

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, somewhat of a newcomer to vaping, have had a V2 kit for about a month now and a G6 kit from Halo Cigs here in New Jersey for about a week now, both of which have rather decent tasting pre filled carts, at least one or two flavors and refilling them or filling blanks give me a weird taste. Been looking into this Ego-C and somewhat impulse bought a Tornado eGo-C kit from Totally Wicked because I saw good reviews on YouTube about it and they were listed on the Joyetech website as a Partner rather than a distributor. Not being a complete new comer to PVs I should have read a little rather than just watched videos. Stumbling upon this and a few other threads I am hoping that I will be happy with this kit, I am decently happy with the V2 and G6 cigs when on the go, want the eGo for at home use and probably work just hoping that I don't regret buying this kit rather than getting a silver surfer or a mod. I will keep you guys updated on my experiences with it for any who like me stumble upon this hopefully before, rather than after. But we will see when I receive it, any tips are greatly appreciated!

Hi yeahivape. I'm not familar with the kits you have but when you said "pre filled carts" that reminds me when I was a newbie. I tried everything to make those carts perform better. I used a certain kind of teabag in place of the filler, this that and the other thing and finally tossed it out and dripped straight in without it. A drip tip comes in handy for that. Hang on to what you already have cuz you'll get more use out them....that is if you ever put down the eGo you're gonna get!! I don't think you will regret it. If you like the flavor from something you got from Halo that's understandable. Thier e-liquid is top notch. If it was just some generic juice that comes with the kit, believe me there's better out thier you just gotta find what you like. Torqe 56 was my fav from Halo. Totally Wicked HAD a good french pipe but the recipe changed and I personally don't like it anymore. Vapor Talk's "Sweet Dawn" is one of the rare fruity flavs I like. And your tastes will change over time also.

Your brand new atty will break in after a couple of tanks when the primer is completely gone. And no more burnt filler. Keep simalar flavors with the same atty--tobacco atty---menthol atty--fruit atty. It's ok to change flavors on the same atty if they don't clash badly and the remnance of the old flavor will disapear before long. I've been popping the cap off the tank and filling it that way. It takes a little force and a strong fingernail to do this espesially on a new tank or a syringe can be used to fill through the hole after it is punctured. I can't think of any more tips. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Hey guys, somewhat of a newcomer to vaping, have had a V2 kit for about a month now and a G6 kit from Halo Cigs here in New Jersey for about a week now, both of which have rather decent tasting pre filled carts, at least one or two flavors and refilling them or filling blanks give me a weird taste. Been looking into this Ego-C and somewhat impulse bought a Tornado eGo-C kit from Totally Wicked because I saw good reviews on YouTube about it and they were listed on the Joyetech website as a Partner rather than a distributor. Not being a complete new comer to PVs I should have read a little rather than just watched videos. Stumbling upon this and a few other threads I am hoping that I will be happy with this kit, I am decently happy with the V2 and G6 cigs when on the go, want the eGo for at home use and probably work just hoping that I don't regret buying this kit rather than getting a silver surfer or a mod. I will keep you guys updated on my experiences with it for any who like me stumble upon this hopefully before, rather than after. But we will see when I receive it, any tips are greatly appreciated!

Read over the few ego c threads in the forum..including the one i started and this one, they hold great tips within. Might as well forget those other PVs as i have a hunch youll never touch them again. You do have some liquid on hand? If not thatll be the next step, finding your fav liquid. Enjoy it its an amazing PV which has had little to no downside for me.

Hi yeahivape. I'm not familar with the kits you have but when you said "pre filled carts" that reminds me when I was a newbie. I tried everything to make those carts perform better. I used a certain kind of teabag in place of the filler, this that and the other thing and finally tossed it out and dripped straight in without it. A drip tip comes in handy for that. Hang on to what you already have cuz you'll get more use out them....that is if you ever put down the eGo you're gonna get!! I don't think you will regret it. If you like the flavor from something you got from Halo that's understandable. Thier e-liquid is top notch. If it was just some generic juice that comes with the kit, believe me there's better out thier you just gotta find what you like. Torqe 56 was my fav from Halo. Totally Wicked HAD a good french pipe but the recipe changed and I personally don't like it anymore. Vapor Talk's "Sweet Dawn" is one of the rare fruity flavs I like. And your tastes will change over time also.

Your brand new atty will break in after a couple of tanks when the primer is completely gone. And no more burnt filler. Keep simalar flavors with the same atty--tobacco atty---menthol atty--fruit atty. It's ok to change flavors on the same atty if they don't clash badly and the remnance of the old flavor will disapear before long. I've been popping the cap off the tank and filling it that way. It takes a little force and a strong fingernail to do this espesially on a new tank or a syringe can be used to fill through the hole after it is punctured. I can't think of any more tips. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Thank you! and I ordered a sampler pack of tobacco juices from Halo, Tribeca seems to be my favorite, nice light fruit mix with a tobacco base (very enjoyable) and I was really tempted to pull all the filler out and DD in the cart but wasn't sure how that would turn out, I'll have to give it a shot now. I have 7 juices from Halo and 2 on the way from TW so I should be good for a week but I'm sure as soon as I taste them all through the eGo I will quickly be shopping around for some more flavors haha. And theres no way I'm throwing out a 25 dollar e cig battery so I will definitely not be getting rid of them, I think I will still use them at work but we shall see!

Read over the few ego c threads in the forum..including the one i started and this one, they hold great tips within. Might as well forget those other PVs as i have a hunch youll never touch them again. You do have some liquid on hand? If not thatll be the next step, finding your fav liquid. Enjoy it its an amazing PV which has had little to no downside for me.

I will get on that, and I'm pretty sure the eGo will trump the others to make me forget about them for a while, but working manual labor the 808 kits might fit into that style or work a bit better than a bulky eGo but we will see! and I do have 6 flavors from Halo and 2 otw from TW so they should hold me over for a few days until I can decide where to place my next juice order(s) from! :)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines