Atty-Tank Vs Carto

mjradik

So I'v been using my Ego-Tank for 6 weeks now. I love it now that leaking issues have been resolved. However, I see so many people bashing the tank system. I ordered a 5-pack of dual-coil cartos, and received them. I've been using them side-by-side with the tanks (with LR Atty).

In my opinion, I like the tanks better. Using the exact same juice in both, I notice they both have the same amount of vapor, or close to it. The Carto does have an easier draw (much easier to suck through), but the flavor and throat hit just seems much less. The tank gets more flavor, and TH is better.

I believe I'm using good cartos. I'm using the '510 Dual Coil Cartomizers 1.5ohm XL(Black)(5 pack)' from myfreedomsmokes. Aren't those boge? Or no?

Anyone else out these tried both the atty-tank AND cartos? Do you notice the same thing I do about the flavor and TH?

I have the standard eGo but now that I know the tank system will work on it I am dying to try the tank on mine. I hear the tank holds 2ml of juice vs. 25 to 30 drops in my boge cartos? Not sure what 30 drops is equal too but still I want to try the tank on mine :cheers: But in the long run I will say I am loving my high preformance cartos from Vapor Talk ;)

Edited by Viper Ron

I have the standard eGo but now that I know the tank system will work on it I am dying to try the tank on mine. I hear the tank holds 2ml of juice vs. 25 to 30 drops in my boge cartos? Not sure what 30 drops is equal too but still I want to try the tank on mine :cheers: But in the long run I will say I am loving my high preformance cartos from Vapor Talk ;)

The Type B tank and atty holds 2.5ml. (or sometimes refered to as the mega tank) 30 drops equals about 1.5ml. So make sure you order the Type B tank And Type B atty. Type A is smaller and only holds about 1ml. Also, make sure to order the tank w/ the soft silicone bottoms, other wise you might run in to leaking issues. (unless you use a 30% or more VG solution)

The Tank system does have a harder draw, but I've tried 2 more flavors since this last post, and the cartos do have less flavor.

Also, I personally have experienced a 50% DOA rate on the tank attys, so make sure the vendor has a DOA replacement policy. But if they aren't DOA, Atty's semm to last a LONG time. I think my one atty that I have ben using for 6 weeks now seems like its dying, but most post I see say attys only last 2-4 weeks, but mine have been better. (I'm getting ready to start another thread on a dying atty question)

Now thats I've tried both, I tihnk I'm going to stick with the tank. Just over all easier for me. Especially since I rotate between 20+ flavors. Can't do that with cartos unless you have 20+ cartos. which is more $$.

Edited by mjradik

I've used both and also like the tanks better, but can't really explain why. I wasn't a huge carto fan (I was a dripper), but did use them when I was driving or fishing (on the go type things). However, after getting the tanks I never used another carto.

I didn't have any DOA, but I did have some that just never performed well. That became the turnoff for me. When they worked, they work great, but when you get a bad one, it's a PITA. My wife has been using tanks for a while now and really like them and hasn't had any problems.

When I was using the tank full time, I was getting 4-6 weeks, but they are lasting much longer for my wife, but she doesn't vape as much as I do.

Edited by Brian

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there. I started off with a 510 and ego-t myself and me using thick 100% vg wasnt working too well with the whole tank system so I got the mega atomizer and cartridges. Im really impressed with the vapor production and flavor from the regular atomizers. I have 2 tank attys that I plan on not using. It just doesnt wick too good and Im not giving up my vg. Id say Id go with a cartomizer before getting another tank. That is unless your using pg or a custom mix of the 2, which I wouldnt know, Never tried pg. Its all personal preference really and as long as it doesnt have tar and carcinogins in it I say vape on!!!

Thats pretty sweet. Whats everyone's thoughts on a cartomizer vs. the 2 piece atty cartridge combo? Is there any big difference between the 2? Im using regular 510 atomizers with cartridges right now and been thinking of checking out a cartomizer. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I just drip because I've found cartos and cartridges too much of a pain in the *** to deal with. I tried(very briefly) an ego tank at a friend's house, and now I'm strongly considering getting a 510 tank atty and some tanks. I no longer have my ego or riva, only my Megalodon, my 510, and my blu/volcano, so ego tank isn't an option. What I want to do is use the 510 tank on my Megalodon so I don't have to drip anymore(especially while driving, that's the biggest issue).

I can't seem to get a cartomizer to not leak, plus the vapor and flavor suck, and with cartridges, I find myself adding drops almost as often as I need to drip. Plus I tend to overfill them. And the flavor, while it's a little better than with a carto, still sucks.

You crack me up Todd... I see you're still crusading against the carto, eh??! Come on brother... give em another shot... you gotta figure these out sooner or later! It's really quite unfortunate, (but obvious), that something must be a bit askew when you try to use them. Because... I promise, if they worked like they are meant to work for you... you really would like them, and use them I'd bet, just like the majority of vapers do. I'm just curious, and not trying to sound like an ***, but, are you one of those guys with those 'big/fumbly/dumb' fingers that has problems fiddling with little things?? Seriously, I have a friend with this 'disability', and it's pretty funny at times. He even knows he can't work with small items and such. Could that maybe/possibly be what's keeping you from properly filling/using/liking cartos? Because, I have sat here trying to think of what else you could possibly be doing that makes you dislike them so much, and I'm not able to think of anything reasonable (other than the 'big/dumb finger syndrome'). It just seems that there would be a greater percentage of people NOT using cartos if they 'sucked', 'leaked all over', and had such 'bad flavor' and 'crappy vapor' like you say they do, don't ya think? On the contrary though... cartos must be doing something right for most of us here in vapeland ... or we would all be 'drippers' like you... and 'Troopx'... and the few other stragglers that are still out there that haven't made the switch yet.

By the way... I vape 100% PG juices, and the FLAVOR and VAPOR are off the charts wonderful.

For me, it's not even close, I'll stick with what works the best... the CARTOMIZER. :yes

You know I love ya 'NintendoKid' !! :hug:

By the way... if you don't have one... get yourself a 'drip shield'and a '510-510 adapter/extender' to go with the carto! Then you will have drip free vaping! (now we just need to fix the vapor and flavor and we'll be golden!)

They're only $10... you can spring for one my brother... and they even work great with your attys too!

http://www.avidvaper...ip-shield-cone/

See here... these are with attys. You can also use a carto here!! Works wonders I tell ya!

IMG_0973__74248_zoom.jpg

Edited by DAYVAPE

Until I got my Reo (it's like direct dripping, the juice squeezes directly onto the atty for pure clean flavor), I enjoyed the eGo Mega Atty and Cartridge too. It's true that it produces tons of flavor and vapor. But that's only with a good fluff material inside. Sometimes the filler stuffing suffers... it'll be too thick or too thin... even cutting half of it (too thick of one) off so it flows better doesn't always work.

Even the EMDCC isn't as good as the EMAwC imho.

Tanks, without a wicking system or a carto... now, that's heaven... like my Reo. :)

Soon the tanks for attys will be sold in stores. Keep an eye peeled.

Or you can make your own...

So uma your saying if I take my ego tank atomizers and somehow get the wick out of it, it will work better? lol I tried the ego-t and I didnt like the wicking system so I got the mega 2.5 atty and cartridges. frown upon the tanks because it cant wick fast enough to keep up with my vaping. Plus I use 100%vg.

I tried the tank thing for a couple of weeks. I gave up. The store I bought them from even gave me my money back because most people who bought them hated them. I dripped for a while then tried cartos after hearing such good things about them. I will never go back. I mostly use 1.5ohm Boges but I also have some 1.7 Resurrectors that are good also. I Vape mostly 80/20 PG/VG so they fill easy and work great. Muck better flavor than tank attys. I have recently got some 100%VG juice that has mad me break out the old attys for dripping.

Now I have a Provari so I bought some SR Boges and the results are great.

I do enjoy dual coil cartos at 5 or 6v, very warm vapor.

Funny Dayvape! I'm actually sitting here vaping on a smok tech dual coil xxl mega carto at 1.5ohm on a PT- and it rocks. Generally though, I'll grab my REO or other pv and go without having to worry about anything. And as far as the cost of a REO- it cost of a bit more than 10 days of smoking for me. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'd say if you haven't tried a carto- try it. If you haven't tried a tank and have been thinking about it- do it. Neither one have been my choice, but they are cheap enough to try. Attys and cartos are disposable. No need to commit to something until you know that you don't like the others. Also- products are constantly changing and improving.

Not everyone can afford those bad boy REO's like you though UMA! Nor are they ever available on the site for more than a single evening! I sure never see them for sale anyway... :wallbash:

LOL, I didn't shop for 4-5 months, so I rewarded myself with my first REO. :) Now I'm trying to save up for the new VV-Reo that's coming out soon. (yeah, BUZZ and REO hooked up together for this baby!)

Oh, and the good news is, they're finally easy to buy now because all the collectors are sitting on their money waiting for the VV to come out soon.

There is an alert thread that notifies when they'll be selling. I recommend subscribing to it. REO updates

So uma your saying if I take my ego tank atomizers and somehow get the wick out of it, it will work better? lol I tried the ego-t and I didnt like the wicking system so I got the mega 2.5 atty and cartridges. frown upon the tanks because it cant wick fast enough to keep up with my vaping. Plus I use 100%vg.

No. But if you have a MAP tank, or just about any tank for that matter, or if you make your tank (see my earlier post with the video in it), Some tanks will need different 0-rings, for a tighter fit. Before trying this, please research. But it DOES work!

MWA's ATTY TANK break through.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mwa1024#p/u/0/tze-R5oWoGA

Have you thought of maybe trying a mix of PG/VG to help with your wicking problems?? I mean, the options are certainly out there, it can't hurt to give it a shot. Just a guess on my part... it may or may not fix the wicking issue. I just can't imagine it not helping to some extent! Or, are you allergic to PG, which I doubt since it's in so many things we use daily ?

Well...I have been dripping for almost a year now. Tried VaporKings DCHV cartomizers a time or two in the past. Don't know why I didn't stick with them. I have been using VK's LR attys for a long time...downfall is, they dont last long at all. Some LR atty's will only last a few days, then plug up. Alchohol bath and distilled water wash does little to bring them back to thier original state. I found a DCHV in my desk drawer the other day and immediately ordered 25 of them. They just give me a bigger throat hit than dripping does....or should I say more consistantly than dripping. So, ....Im back on them!~