• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 mjradik

mjradik

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

So I'v been using my ego-Tank for 6 weeks now. I love it now that leaking issues have been resolved. However, I see so many people bashing the tank system. I ordered a 5-pack of dual-coil cartos, and received them. I've been using them side-by-side with the tanks (with LR Atty).

In my opinion, I like the tanks better. Using the exact same Juice in both, I notice they both have the same amount of vapor, or close to it. The Carto does have an easier draw (much easier to suck through), but the flavor and throat hit just seems much less. The tank gets more flavor, and TH is better.

I believe I'm using good cartos. I'm using the '510 Dual coil Cartomizers 1.5ohm XL(Black)(5 pack)' from myfreedomsmokes. Aren't those boge? Or no?

Anyone else out these tried both the atty-tank AND cartos? Do you notice the same thing I do about the flavor and TH?

#2 Viper Ron

Viper Ron

eGo maniac & Megaholic

• VIP Member
  • 1,663 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Games and Website Building.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

I have the standard ego but now that I know the tank system will work on it I am dying to try the tank on mine. I hear the tank holds 2ml of Juice vs. 25 to 30 drops in my boge cartos? Not sure what 30 drops is equal too but still I want to try the tank on mine :cheers: But in the long run I will say I am loving my high preformance cartos from Vapor Talk ;)

Edited by Viper Ron, 09 September 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#3 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

I've used both and prefer cartomizers personally. But I can say that I noticed more flavor from the tanks than the Cartos. This is probably due to the lack of filler. (The filler itself seems to change the taste of the liquid)

#4 mjradik

mjradik

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

I have the standard ego but now that I know the tank system will work on it I am dying to try the tank on mine. I hear the tank holds 2ml of Juice vs. 25 to 30 drops in my boge cartos? Not sure what 30 drops is equal too but still I want to try the tank on mine :cheers: But in the long run I will say I am loving my high preformance cartos from Vapor Talk ;)

The Type B tank and atty holds 2.5ml. (or sometimes refered to as the mega tank) 30 drops equals about 1.5ml. So make sure you order the Type B tank And Type B atty. Type A is smaller and only holds about 1ml. Also, make sure to order the tank w/ the soft silicone bottoms, other wise you might run in to leaking issues. (unless you use a 30% or more VG solution)

The tank system does have a harder draw, but I've tried 2 more flavors since this last post, and the cartos do have less flavor.

Also, I personally have experienced a 50% DOA rate on the tank attys, so make sure the vendor has a DOA replacement policy. But if they aren't DOA, Atty's semm to last a LONG time. I think my one atty that I have ben using for 6 weeks now seems like its dying, but most post I see say attys only last 2-4 weeks, but mine have been better. (I'm getting ready to start another thread on a dying atty question)

Now thats I've tried both, I tihnk I'm going to stick with the tank. Just over all easier for me. Especially since I rotate between 20+ flavors. Can't do that with cartos unless you have 20+ cartos. which is more $$.

Edited by mjradik, 09 September 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#5 Brian

Brian

The Veteran Vaper

• e Cig Supplier
  • 5,283 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, computers, family

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

I've used both and also like the tanks better, but can't really explain why. I wasn't a huge carto fan (I was a dripper), but did use them when I was driving or fishing (on the go type things). However, after getting the tanks I never used another carto.

I didn't have any DOA, but I did have some that just never performed well. That became the turnoff for me. When they worked, they work great, but when you get a bad one, it's a PITA. My wife has been using tanks for a while now and really like them and hasn't had any problems.

When I was using the tank full time, I was getting 4-6 weeks, but they are lasting much longer for my wife, but she doesn't vape as much as I do.

Edited by Brian, 09 September 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#6 Strykker118A

Strykker118A

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy vaping all day everyday.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hey there. I started off with a 510 and ego-t myself and me using thick 100% vg wasnt working too well with the whole tank system so I got the mega atomizer and cartridges. Im really impressed with the vapor production and flavor from the regular atomizers. I have 2 tank attys that I plan on not using. It just doesnt wick too good and Im not giving up my vg. Id say Id go with a cartomizer before getting another tank. That is unless your using pg or a custom mix of the 2, which I wouldnt know, Never tried pg. Its all personal preference really and as long as it doesnt have tar and carcinogins in it I say vape on!!!

#7 Uma

Uma

Off- grid Solar baby

• VIP Member
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:54 AM

Check this genius out!

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/tze-R5oWoGA

combine that stroke of wonderfulness with any tank, even the diy tank:

#8 Strykker118A

Strykker118A

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy vaping all day everyday.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Thats pretty sweet. Whats everyone's thoughts on a cartomizer vs. the 2 piece atty cartridge combo? Is there any big difference between the 2? Im using regular 510 atomizers with cartridges right now and been thinking of checking out a cartomizer. Thanks

#9 Jeffb

Jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,200 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

People that use cartos love them. Give them a try. I use an atty, but I just direct drip and dont use the cartridge.

#10 Jeffb

Jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,200 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

I noticed you use 100% VG Juice. If you switch to cartos you're gonna have to try VG/PG blend like a 70/30 mix. VG doesn't wick well with cartos.