Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

How Long Does A Typical Atomizer Last?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Moist Avenger

Moist Avenger

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

I am soon planning to switch from smoking to vaping and I'm trying to get a grasp on what the upkeep/cost will be for ecigs. I will be purchasing an Ego-T with an LR atomizer, but I wanted to know how long I can expect the atomizer to last? Should I stock up on some to be safe?

Thanks for any and all help.

#2 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

I suggest changing your atomizer every 2 weeks. Some people scoff at that and will keep theirs till it just dies. Which can be as a long as a month or two. But for the best experience change your atomizer at least once a month and you should be good :) Batteries every 4 months or when they stop holding a charge.

#3 Moist Avenger

Moist Avenger

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Christopher. You have been a great help and I think that it is really cool that, as the site's founder, you are so involved and willing to help out a noob.

#4 Brian

Brian

The Veteran Vaper

• e Cig Supplier
  • 5,283 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, computers, family

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

My wife has been using the same two LR eGo-T attys for 4 months. I took a toot of one the other day and was amazed at how well they still work. I never clean mine, just use them until they stop performing well or die. In general though, an atty will last 2-6 weeks. However, occasionally you get a real good one that will go for a while.

#5 Novaglarion

Novaglarion

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

My wife has been using the same two LR eGo-T attys for 4 months. I took a toot of one the other day and was amazed at how well they still work. I never clean mine, just use them until they stop performing well or die. In general though, an atty will last 2-6 weeks. However, occasionally you get a real good one that will go for a while.

Do the attys being of the LR variety make a difference on lifespan in your experience?

#6 Brian

Brian

The Veteran Vaper

• e Cig Supplier
  • 5,283 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, computers, family

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Do the attys being of the LR variety make a difference on lifespan in your experience?

My experience with the eGo-T attys is that it doesn't seem to matter. IMO the LR Tank attys work better than the regular ones. Those are the only LR attys I've used. I normally use a regular Joye 510 attys with higher voltage. There's not a huge difference in the ohms between the two. The LR's run around 1.7-1.9ohm and the regulars are 2.2-2.4ohm. I think it's a different story with the 510 atty where you have 1.5ohm vs. 2.2ohm.

#7 TroopX

TroopX

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

A month and even more on my LR's, however, I did get two new atty's from different vendors and they were pretty much unusable from the start. Tough pull on one, and the other vapes poorly. You should have at least a few on hand, more if possible.

#8 profbeard

profbeard

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

Time is a pretty meaningless concept when applied to atomisers and cartos - what actually reflects true "life" is the amount of juice put through one before it wimps or dies. A good atty should take around 40ml of juice at least before needing replacement. (I know someone who vapes 10ml a day - so that's a "life" of 4 days! I vape 2-3ml per day so life is between two to three weeks or more...)

#9 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Time is a pretty meaningless concept when applied to atomisers and cartos - what actually reflects true "life" is the amount of juice put through one before it wimps or dies. A good atty should take around 40ml of juice at least before needing replacement. (I know someone who vapes 10ml a day - so that's a "life" of 4 days! I vape 2-3ml per day so life is between two to three weeks or more...)

Great answer.

#10 TheNameless

TheNameless

• VT Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Its always a crapshoot with attys. Some will last many months, some will last many hours. Lol. I would recommend against the LR attys for an Ego, as they will cut your battery life way down, and could actually kill your battery by drawing more power than it can handle. Some people use the LR's with the Ego and don't have problems, but I've killed a battery doing it and wouldn't recommend it. At the very best it will only shorten your battery's life and increase the amount of time it spends on the charger.