#1 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

Hey Vapor Talkers,

Let's talk about the sticky stuff shall we.

So, over the course of the last few years we've had to warn various members who join the forum, to suppress the discussion of illegal drugs. As no surprise the subject brought up most often is whether or not you can vape marijuana with your e cigarette. More specifically the question is asked, how can THC be extracted for use in an e cigarette. We absolutely forbid this type of discussion and when it's mentioned the response is usually that - we're suppressing free speech, we're an example of how this country is going down hill or my favorite "Nazi's". Current and future members, believe me, we're far from Nazi's.

Let me break everything down so everyone has a better understanding of why this rule is in place.

Why do you suppress discussion of drugs, specifically marijuana, mary jane, Buddha, weed, that stick icky etc

Various entities in the government have been looking for anything they can, to discredit this industry for quite some time. Members and vapers have fought long and hard to keep e cigarettes legal. While some of you may be new to the vaping game, it's been a long a grueling road to keep e cigarettes legal. Suppliers have lost THOUSANDS of dollars in shipments seized coming into the county. There is no refund, there is no insurance. When the FDA snags your product, that's it. It's gone.

Suppliers have spent thousands of dollars fighting the Food and Drug Administration to ensure electronic cigarettes are not banned. Just last year we where very close to loosing our right to vape. I'm sure we can all agree that if people start using ecigs in conjunction with THC (which is already being done under the radar by the way) The FDA or Mainstream media will happily spin this faster than you can pick up those THC drops. If we don't have the publics support we don't have an industry. At the moment it's all about image. It's important that until e cigarettes are accepted, legal and regulated that this matter is kept off limits.

It's nothing personal, but we're here to protect e cigarettes and vaping first and foremost before anything else.

So, you're against people using marijuana

No, not at all. In fact I could care less. The more the government stays out of the Peoples business, the better. I have no doubt we have many members here on the forum that smoke a little something to ease the stress of daily life. Honestly, it's no different than having a drink at the end of the day. Though, pot smokers tend to be much more laid back than drinkers. After all, when was the last time you got in a fight with someone that was high?

But it's legal in my state...

While it may be legal in your state (California for example) that is only at a state level. You need to understand that our servers are not located in California. Either way it's irrelevant, if not solely for the fact that our hosting company forbids any type of drug talk. Legal or not. We could ultimately loose our dedicated servers over a someone curious about THC in e cigarettes. Frankly, I like my hosting company and don't plan to move the server. There are plenty of forums online that can more than likely help you figure out a way to do whatever it is you plan to do.

I really want to know how to smoke weed out of my e cigarette

There are PLENTY of other forums that discuss this type of activity. THIS forum, isn't the place for it. Again we're here to protect e cigarettes and vaping first and foremost before anything else.

ok fine, but can it be done?

Yes. THC e liquid is available at a few dispensaries around the country for medicinal purposes. No we don't have a list, no we won't help you find some.

I have my right to free speech and you have no right to stop me

I agree! The 1st amendment is incredibly important. However, you are on a privately run forum.

That's it folks. I'm not here to be the bad guy. I'm simply protecting myself, my company and the future of vaping. I

I appreciate everyones understanding, I love my members and this community. I hope this gives you a better understand about where I'm coming from.

Happy vaping!

#2 Ray

Ray

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Good stuff

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

here here

Edited by Ray, 12 July 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#3 Ray

Ray

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Good stuff

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Well put Chris.

#4 johns

johns

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Well, since you put it that way, OK :veryangry:

#5 nana

nana

Vapor Talk God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

Very well put, Chris. :clap:

#6 kitsune

kitsune

Vapor Talk FanGirl

• VIP Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs, Vaping, cooking, Tequila

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

I agree 100% !! absolutely no reason to give the FDA any ammunition and they would love to use this one against those of us that only use e-cigs as a nicotine replacement.

#7 bamsbbq

bamsbbq

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Q'ing, vaping, Fishing, cooking

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ok enough with the spam milly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Banned and posts deleted :)

#9 twelveday

twelveday

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

what about the weeds that grow between the cracks on my driveway

#10 bobthesalesclerk

bobthesalesclerk

I Like Ice Cream

• VIP Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

I don't understand why someone would want to vape thc out of an e cig when there are plenty of affordable devices that will do it much better.

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate

Edited by bobthesalesclerk, 04 May 2012 - 04:46 PM.