Where To Buy 18650 Batteries?

Blakeab84

I've recently ordered my first mod, a 510-N made by Bauway. The 2 18650 3000mah batteries it comes with are unprotected and that worries me.

After watching a review on YouTube and talking to Chris a bit, I would much rather have a protected battery. In the video he shows that a "Trustfire" and a "High Drain" battery fits well.

Now my question is, which exact battery should I buy and where would be the best/cheapest place to buy it from?

Here is the video review of the 510-N:

I've found 2 Trustfire batteries, but I'm not sure if that is exactly what I need: http://www.electronicstix.com/TrustFire-FLAME-18650-2600-mAh-Battery-p403.html

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

As I understand it, the high drain batteries will hold up better under the load pulled by a LR atty. It's also suppose to have a safer chemistry and is considered safe. You can get Lithium Ion protected batteries from madvapes. For the AW IMR batteries, you can get them from Super-T and COV. I'm sure there are some other places, but those are the ones that come to mind.

http://www.madvapes.com/Li-Ion-Batteries_c_186.html

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/31-batteries-and-more/6-batteries/118-aw-batteries.html

http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id75.html

Each week Super-T has a drawing from order #'s that order batteries and give away a prize. Normally they do a Super-T drip tip, but they have given away two Precise P10s. See this thread on ECF: Super-T Batteries

You can also get AW batteries from this guy on ECF. It's a long thread, but you only need to read the first few posts to see how to order: AW Battery Importers

I can't tell you who has the best price, but it's a start. :)

I bought two from Amazon since I have a Prime Account, here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-Li-ion-18650-3000mah-Battery/dp/B0035H58GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308790699&sr=8-1

3000mah, supposedly the rating is legitimate. I ordered two and they sent me two pairs (4 batteries)! Might have been a mistake, though because they only picture one and they nothing about it being a two-pack.

These 3000mah Ultrafire 18650's are longer than regular 18650 batteries though so it may not fit in every mod, but works in my Omega.

The High drain batteries I tried worked well for a while but don't hold up as long as regular lithium ion.After two months they only last half as long as when new.

I bought two from Amazon since I have a Prime Account, here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-Li-ion-18650-3000mah-Battery/dp/B0035H58GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308790699&sr=8-1

3000mah, supposedly the rating is legitimate. I ordered two and they sent me two pairs (4 batteries)! Might have been a mistake, though because they only picture one and they nothing about it being a two-pack.

These 3000mah Ultrafire 18650's are longer than regular 18650 batteries though so it may not fit in every mod, but works in my Omega.

Well I don't know where you got that info, but they aren't even close to being 3000mAh for our needs, and with their high resistance they are a poor choice for ecig user in general. If you are using 3+Ω atty/cartos they are OK.

If we use 3.3V as a cut-off that UF gets about to about 1700mAH (that's at a 2A drain). The black AW2600 (~$15) and Tenergy2600 (~$8) will actually make it to about 2500mAh before they drop below 3.3V. Any mAh after that is useless.

Anyone wanting to try the Tenergys should probably get the button top version (Amazon only has the flat).

I got the 18650 AW 7v 1600 Mah at Provape. I just got my new Provari and bought two of those batteries. Sure do last a long time without a charge. Really loving this type of vaping. Had a 5 volt Tekkmod and didn't like it so I sold it and a Provape-1 and that wasn't enought so I I bought a Provapi and am loveing it at 4.2. There is only one thing that I don't like about it is it doesn't like dual coil cartomizers. I am now hooked on cartomizers and those dual coil are awesome. :thumbsup:

I got the 18650 AW 7v 1600 Mah at Provape. I just got my new Provari and bought two of those batteries. Sure do last a long time without a charge. Really loving this type of vaping. Had a 5 volt Tekkmod and didn't like it so I sold it and a Provape-1 and that wasn't enought so I I bought a Provapi and am loveing it at 4.2. There is only one thing that I don't like about it is it doesn't like dual coil cartomizers. I am now hooked on cartomizers and those dual coil are awesome. :thumbsup:

I believe you need to keep the voltage lower (under 4.6V for mine) for the dual coil. This is a safety feature of the mod. The mod is designed to prevent a LR atty or carto from drawing to much amps from the battery. The dual coil wouldn't work on mine so I started dropping the voltage by 0.1V at a time until it worked.

Glad you're liking the Provari. :)

Well I don't know where you got that info, but they aren't even close to being 3000mAh for our needs, and with their high resistance they are a poor choice for ecig user in general. If you are using 3+Ω atty/cartos they are OK.

If we use 3.3V as a cut-off that UF gets about to about 1700mAH (that's at a 2A drain). The black AW2600 (~$15) and Tenergy2600 (~$8) will actually make it to about 2500mAh before they drop below 3.3V. Any mAh after that is useless.

Anyone wanting to try the Tenergys should probably get the button top version (Amazon only has the flat).

I got that info by doing research. I said that the 3000mah rating is legit (around 0.4A-1.2A draw), not that it's the top notch battery for E-cigarette use. Keep in mind that 18650's are more commonly used to power LED flashlights, not E-cigarettes. If a battery isn't good enough for you, then don't buy it but don't rag on my recommendation, ******-bag.

Edited by Emile

Sorry if I was being harsh, I get what you're saying. I also don't keep one type of 18650 battery on my shelf, I do have a pair of the obligatory AW High Drain 18650's.

Edited by Emile

• 1 month later...

I bought a Megaladon and it came with 2 unprotected 18650s. They work great but I was concerned about a failure. I was making a juice order from Juicy Vapor and saw that they had a good deal on protected batteries. I bought 2 of them and they work great. They last all day(or sometimes 2 days) and have the extra security of a protection circuit.