Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Sore Throat Caused By Vaping.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bkrebbs

Bkrebbs

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, tattoos, Rock & Roll!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hey all. Recently I've been getting a sore throat from vaping that has caused me to switched back to analogs. I've been using the e-cig without any analogs since just before last christmas and never had a problem till the last 2 weeks. When i vape my throat feels sore as if im really thirsty, but drinking does not help. I'm using Juice that is 24mg and a pg75/vg25 mix from a repuatible vendor. I'm Vaping from an ego. Perhaps i have a PG alergy? Ether way what im wanting is a reccomendation on a better liquid that will give me the throat hit i require but not cause me to put down vaping altogether.

thanks for your help!

#2 mcquinn

mcquinn

Vapor Talk Uber God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,501 posts
  • Interests:HVAC/R tech.,guitar,music in general,

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

If you are using high voltage or low resistance and inhaling straight to your lungs that would do it.You will just have to try an assortment of liquids to see what you like and can use.The reveiws are not very usefull in my opinion,I have never saw or read a bad one but I have never found a liquid I liked based on a reveiw,some I had to throw away .

#3 Bkrebbs

Bkrebbs

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Oops sorry for putting this in the wrong spot.

What do you mean by inhaling to your lungs? I've been inhaling the same way as i did with analogs. Guess i should just try any VG?

#4 CDATundra

CDATundra

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:My Shiba, computers, vaping

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Oops sorry for putting this in the wrong spot.

What do you mean by inhaling to your lungs? I've been inhaling the same way as i did with analogs. Guess i should just try any VG?

Most of us have found that if we take long slow draws into the mouth and then inhale into our lungs, it works better. It is different than the way we used to inhale analogs.

Edited by CDATundra, 07 June 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#5 VaporAssassin

VaporAssassin

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:To much to list!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hello BKrebbs.
You could try just VG or a high mix of VG vs PG. The higher the volt the hotter the vapor. you could try a lower volt and less nic. Mint or a menthol could help too. I use that when I am sick so it does not aggravate my throat more. I hope this helps a little. However, Juice and flavor is a subjective to your personal likes and dislikes. I agree with Mcquinn, some reviews on juices I have tried said they where great. I ended up not liking them and had to give them away. Best of luck! Posted Image

#6 Cheriepye

Cheriepye

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:My computer and my Dachshunds
    And my stupid phone

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

I have been inhaling my vape the same way I did analogs. I haven't had any sore throat yet.
I have been having a bit of heartburn lately and I've been vaping for about 2 months. I
have acid reflux and I'm taking medication for it, but the feeling is not the same. As far
as juice goes, I think we all have our own tastes.

Cherie

#7 Michele

Michele

• VT Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Family, Reading, Crafts, Shopping, Volunteering

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hey all. Recently I've been getting a sore throat from vaping that has caused me to switched back to analogs. I've been using the e-cig without any analogs since just before last christmas and never had a problem till the last 2 weeks. When i vape my throat feels sore as if im really thirsty, but drinking does not help. I'm using Juice that is 24mg and a pg75/vg25 mix from a repuatible vendor. I'm Vaping from an ego. Perhaps i have a PG alergy? Ether way what im wanting is a reccomendation on a better liquid that will give me the throat hit i require but not cause me to put down vaping altogether.

thanks for your help!

The LR attys are better for a throat hit, which is probably what you're feeling. I doubt it's the PG/VG mix, but honestly the only way to find out for sure is keep switching things up for a bit. I used a 1st generation 510 for over a year, then switched to the eGo-T and that was quite a difference on my throat hit feel. I alternate now with my eGo-T, a Prodigy and a Reo Grand. If I vape on my Reo for too long I can barely talk. I also keep my Camelbak water bottle with me everywhere I go as vaping just naturally dehydrates you anyway. I would imagine that your throat is just raw IMHO.

Good luck!

#8 Bkrebbs

Bkrebbs

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

I have also noticed that the juices that were giving me good throat hit 2 weeks ago feel much less now. Perhaps i've just been vaping to much? Going to order some VG

#9 CDATundra

CDATundra

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:My Shiba, computers, vaping

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

I have been inhaling my vape the same way I did analogs. I haven't had any sore throat yet.
I have been having a bit of heartburn lately and I've been vaping for about 2 months. I
have acid reflux and I'm taking medication for it, but the feeling is not the same. As far
as juice goes, I think we all have our own tastes.

Cherie

I'm glad inhaling like that works for you. I guess it just goes to show we are all different.

Edited by CDATundra, 08 June 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#10 Bkrebbs

Bkrebbs

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

So i picked back up the PV and used it exclusivly all day yesterday with no problems, even after i woke up today all was well. Then today after using it only a few times the sore throat flared up again. So i stopped and after around 3 hours i was fine. I'm still fairly convinced that its the PG, tomorrow I'll order some Juicy Vapor 50/50 mix.