What's With The States Trying To Bann Ecigs

chadzilla

ignorance perhaps... I find weird, the anti-tobacco groups are trying to get e-cigs banned, which is stupid, considering the patch, the gum, the lozenge all didn't work for me... so far this 510 has kept me away from tobacco, and I don't even think about it anymore.

A quick search on Google News will reveal lots of articles on the 2 states that have banned in the ecig. Really sad to see it happen. :(

You may want to write your senators before they come to your state. They are already working on it here in California as well.

been reading alot about the possibility of a ban on ecigs in the states just wandering if anyone here knows anything for sure cause that sure would suck.

Pharma appears to be through funding anti smoking advocates to put a ban on liquids and devices. Why, money. I agree we should have the right to consume however we feel like. Tobacco combustion is proven to be dangerous and yet we are still promoted through marketing to continue on that same path. This mantra quit or die is a failed attempt to resolve the problem for those who seriously can't quit for whatever reason. absolute insanity the way I see it. Somethin needs to be done otherwise it goes unground and unregulated. We want regulation on liquids we consume and quality control and periodic testing. I agree with ya, it would be disturbing, a ban.

*Jumps up on the soap box

I will go underground if it gets banned in my state. I live in MI where cigarettes are outrageous and our governor has over taxed cigs to pay for a state owed deficient. They didn't raise the tax on alcohol because that was deemed unconstitutional??? I know analog smokes kill DUH... but, I will not pay for a debt that the whole state is responsible for just because I smoked. I'm tiered of being in a "Witch Hunt" because I smoked and being told I'm killing the world. Vaping Rocks and needs to given its credit for allowing us that enjoy a good vape/smoke to do so without being hassled.

*Jumps off on the soap box

A lot of what is going on is all being backed by BIG Tobacco. They have "bought" themselves some lobbyists and Senators who are the ones putting these things in motion. I don't know if you have already but, there is a petition that was started a long time ago by e-smokers to try and get these possible actions reversed. Chris has done a good job keeping up on that stuff. In fact for a while he had some recordings of the FDA when they were broadcasting what they were planning on doing towards e-cigs. I dunno if he still has it but, if you ask him maybe he can put up a link to wherever they are now.

For the mean time though, I wouldn't be too worried about it. It seems to be a long way from happening (if it will happen that is) and the NJOY and Smoking Everywhere court cases against the FDA seem to have made the FDA chill out a bit from what I've read.

The FDA videos can be found here: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/970-electronic-cigarettes-conference-call-with-the-fda/

As for the ban, states are going to do what they are going to do. The only people who can stop are you guys. If enough people ***** and complain, things will change. But one person just isn't going to cut it. I don't think we will see a federal wife ban until the lawsuit is over with NJOY, SE and the FDA. Which will probably take at least another year IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

In California (being a liberal state), you might not like Fox News but I will post a thought under that topic...If Fox News can shut down Acorn, they can surely fight on our behalf because most electronic cigarette users would go back to traditional cigarettes. How many vapors want to go back???

-Brian

This is an issue that has the potential to SNOWBALL from one state to another. It is IMPERATIVE that we as a group stand up and let our voices be heard BEFORE, I say again, BEFORE it reaches your state. I have contacted my Congressman here in Florida, where its not even an issue yet. EVERYONE must do this , NOW. If we innundate them with CONSTRUCTIVE input, it WILL have an effect. It may not work. But if we do NOTHING, the outcome will be gaurunteed, I assure you. Our democracy is slipping thru our hands on a DAILY basis, with this and SO MANY other issues. LETS STAND UP AND BE COUNTED ! Imagine if we found a cure for ALL diseases, and our Government BANNED them because they werent getting thier cut off of the profits. That is essentially what theyre doing here. If only TEN people had tried e cigs, and only 3 quit smoking, thats 3 lives saved. But the numbers are WAY bigger then that. But thats not even the issue here, thats just a happy by product of e cigs, quitting analogs.The REAL issue here is simple and basic. The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Its in black and white on this countrys most sacred document. WRITE YOUR STATES REPS. NOW FOLKS !!!! ITS THAT IMPORTANT.

I have something constructive to say: People looking to ban ecigs should have everything taken away from them, including their families, and be put in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives, not be allowed to breed, and kept completely secluded from society so they can't affect others with their inexcusable stupidity and greed any longer.