Rubber Keeps Peeling Off My Ego.

Is this common. the black keeps peeling off of my ego. I'm thinking I'm just gonna try peeling it all off and getting a stainless cone. Is the battery just all stainless steel underneath the rubber. sucks, the thing is only a few weeks old. are any of the other colors not made out of that rubbery material. I like the feel, but would trade it for a black powder coated or painted one. It just seems it would be more hassle free, like when I accidentaly over fill my atty while dripping. :excl:

Thats strange Hurry. I have had my eGo batteries for months and the rubber hasn't come off of any of them. Huh!!! I do know that under the rubber coating on the eGo Tank atty's it is stainless steal. I found this out after I boiled my first one in order to clean it. Boiling did a great job cleaning everything off the atty! The heat caused the rubber to peal off. I am happy to report that the atty is still working great though and I am no longer boiling them to clean. I am now taking them apart. The rubber stays on and I know the coils are clean. So far I have taken 8 apart for cleaning and have only killed one in the process. Sorry Dave!

that happened to mine too. the protective layer does peel off. it still stays the same color after it is off. it just does not feel rubbery anymore, which is good for me. I hate that newness feeling.

Thats strange Hurry. I have had my eGo batteries for months and the rubber hasn't come off of any of them. Huh!!! I do know that under the rubber coating on the eGo Tank atty's it is stainless steal. I found this out after I boiled my first one in order to clean it. Boiling did a great job cleaning everything off the atty! The heat caused the rubber to peal off. I am happy to report that the atty is still working great though and I am no longer boiling them to clean. I am now taking them apart. The rubber stays on and I know the coils are clean. So far I have taken 8 apart for cleaning and have only killed one in the process. Sorry Dave!

how are you taking them apart?

Instead of using a wooden tooth pick to clean the ash off of the coils, I use one of those fine nylon brushes used to clean between dental braces.

Edited by Sharon

The rubber is peeling off both my eGo batteries too. It's a good thing I'm not fastidious about how it looks. As long as the batteries continue to perform as well as they have, I don't give it any more thought then,

"Hmmm...interesting..."

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Is this common. the black keeps peeling off of my ego. I'm thinking I'm just gonna try peeling it all off and getting a stainless cone. Is the battery just all stainless steel underneath the rubber. sucks, the thing is only a few weeks old. are any of the other colors not made out of that rubbery material. I like the feel, but would trade it for a black powder coated or painted one. It just seems it would be more hassle free, like when I accidentaly over fill my atty while dripping. :excl:

Just wanted to give a quick update on two things. One, a little steel wool will take that black rubbery stuff right off. and two, if you accidentally drop your ego battery in a sink full of water :wallbash: , it will still work, and without even letting it dry out. though I'm not suggesting you try this, I was pretty happy to find out it still worked. So I now have a very shiny, stainless steel ego, and I have to say. I kinda like it. Almost forgot, If your going to attempt this, make sure you dampen the steel wool a little, so as not to scratch up the nice stainless under the rubber.

Edited by hurrycaine3000

Just wanted to give a quick update on two things. One, a little steel wool will take that black rubbery stuff right off. and two, if you accidentally drop your ego battery in a sink full of water :wallbash: , it will still work, and without even letting it dry out. though I'm not suggesting you try this, I was pretty happy to find out it still worked. So I now have a very shiny, stainless steel ego, and I have to say. I kinda like it. Almost forgot, If your going to attempt this, make sure you dampen the steel wool a little, so as not to scratch up the nice stainless under the rubber.

Excellent tip!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk