Body Pain

I was just wondering if anyone else on the board has fibromyalgia.

The past two days I've been waking up in so much pain I can hardly walk.

I'm managing my meds well. Only new thing added is my e-cig. Could

vaping possibly be the culprit? It could just be a phase my body is

going thru. Any advice would be great.

Cherie

Ah Cherye, I don't have fibromyalgia but I am a student nurse practitioner (and an RN for 20 years) and I have managed people with the disease. It is TOUGH and there are so many potential triggers!!! I can't think of how or why vaping would trigger more pain but of course, it is a possibility.

Think back - is the weather changing where you are? Sleeping patterns? Allergies? ANything that would trigger an inflammatory response?

Ah Cherye, I don't have fibromyalgia but I am a student nurse practitioner (and an RN for 20 years) and I have managed people with the disease. It is TOUGH and there are so many potential triggers!!! I can't think of how or why vaping would trigger more pain but of course, it is a possibility.

Think back - is the weather changing where you are? Sleeping patterns? Allergies? ANything that would trigger an inflammatory response?

Well, the wind has blowing HARD lately and the weather changes from hot to cold to bleh.

I have been under a little stress lately. You're right, there are many triggers and I should

start looking at those first. Thank you so much for the advice. :thumbup:

Sweetheart, I'm sorry your suffering. I KNOW how miserable it is. I haven't had any noticeable change in my fibro. Yesterday my knees were acting up but It happened when I was really stressed.

A theory here ladies, being that cigs are loaded with MOAIs and all the other mood altering drugs, could they be medicating the fibro for us too. I know stress can and does trigger flares in me personally. Could it be withdrawals and stress of the new quit be the cause of a lot of these new flares? It seems the sudden absence of these other drugs may really tick off our nervous system? I may be wrong, I usually am but it is curious isn't it?

Sorry you are dealing with this nasty thing. I was diagnosed with fibro 15 years ago when most doctors would scoff at the mention of fibromyalgia. But, your body is under stress whether you feel it or not. It is trying to rid itself of all those thousands of toxics we have been ingesting for all of these yars. My fibro has acted up lately and I haven't had a flare in years. It hasn't put me in bed yet but it has made me feel all my flu like symptoms. I will not attribute that to my vaping. I will not accept that. This is the ONLY thing I've got to stay off of those nasty cigarettes and I just won't allow it. I've decided that my fibro will not kill me but my smoking probably would. Good luck and give us a report. It's would be very helpful for all of us fibro sufferers to know how it is affecting our symptoms. Again, good luck.

Just an after thought? Could it possibly be the pg? I wouldn't think that the vg would have much to do with the fibro but maybe the pg does. Like I said, just a thought.

Edited by cheshyl

Gotta Love Fibro !!!

I have been vaping for almost 2 years and haven't noticed a difference one way or another. Right now, its the weather. The hot and cold always nails me.

since I quit smoking and can breath again, I have taken up core yoga and that has helped with some of the pain.

I commiserate with your pain !!!

Thank you all for the input.

I have been toying with the idea of yoga.

I feel much better today so I can assume I set something off.

I was diagnosed with panic disorder and bi-polar in 1991 (back then it was manic/depressive, and

the fibro about 15 years ago.

I know the bed we have doesn't help me one bit but it helps hubby's sleep apnea so it stays.

If anyone knows anything about the SAT bed, that's what we have.

I hate the dang thing. I was thinking about the PG too. It's in a lot of things we eat and drink

but not at the same amount I'm vaping each day. I don't know... maybe I'm just crazy (if I'm lucky). :blink:

Cherie

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetheart, I'm sorry your suffering. I KNOW how miserable it is. I haven't had any noticeable change in my fibro. Yesterday my knees were acting up but It happened when I was really stressed.

A theory here ladies, being that cigs are loaded with MOAIs and all the other mood altering drugs, could they be medicating the fibro for us too. I know stress can and does trigger flares in me personally. Could it be withdrawals and stress of the new quit be the cause of a lot of these new flares? It seems the sudden absence of these other drugs may really tick off our nervous system? I may be wrong, I usually am but it is curious isn't it?

Oh... my... goodness! I didn't know there were MAOI's in cigarettes. That could have set something off with my

antidepressants. I'm not supposed to be taking MAOI's. Boy am I glad I found e-cigs!

Cherie

I don't know a lot about Fibromyalgia, but I can tell you that for about the first month I didn't smoke cigs, I had severe body aches and pains. I thought I was dying. It was all the toxins working themselves out of my system, and probably my addiction trying to get me to give in and just start smoking again. So if you have gone completely analog free, that could be what's going on with you as well.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I have fibro too and it's been acting up since I quit analogs 8 days ago. I feel like I hurt all over and my glands in my neck hurt. I'm drinking soda and water like mad to flush my system though so I'm hoping it resolves itself.

I'm hoping its just the effects of quitting cigs. Did you ever figure out if it was the pg? I've been vaping 60/40 pg/vg. I bought some higher vg juices and I'm waiting for them to steep. maybe I'll go down to the local vape store and buy some higher vg juice to tied me over until it's ready if this could be the cause.

Suggestions from veteran vapors would be most welcome!

Thanks for addressing these issues on this forum. I don't know many people who vape and having a support system like this is great!!

Edna