Vaping And Runny Nose

My nose wont stop running. I hope this will not be a forever thing. at first it was dry and I was told by my doctor to use a cool mist air purifier so i did. and, then I was to also spray saline to help with the dryness due to nose bleeds. Now it just wont stop running. I hear that a few people are getting runny noses since vaping. are you getting one? tired of having to stick tissues up my nose..lol.. kinda looks big and funny...lmao..

Well vaping sure isn't going to help with you'drying out' like that! Especially since your doc told you to use saline spray, etc... he must have noticed that you were really dry. Maybe you should think about easin' up on the good ol vape until this gets better? Just a thought... I mean vaping is just totally keeping you from getting where it needs to be. You really couldn't be doing anything any worse for yourself right now than inhaling that PG/VG... we all know how much it dries us out anyway. I can't imagine being in the shape you are and still vaping.

That's a bummer man...

Hope it passes soon so you can keep hittin' that TANK! :thumbsu

Edited by DAYVAPE

I would bet a lot that it's allergies. I wish I had counted the number of people that are coming into the clinics already miserable with allergies, and it runs down their throats, and they're getting sore throats from it.

I've never had allergies in my life - until this spring, and my poor husband is miserable.

Tags I noticed mine did that when I changed from 100% vg to a mix. With the vg I had really dry mucus membranes with the mix it went from dry to runny. I just went to wal-mart got some glycerin from the pharmacy section and add a couple of drops and that seems to help a little with the runny nose.I realize it decreases flavor but it does help if you need to find a site that has the flavors you like and add a few drops of flavor to off-set that problem.

Tags I noticed mine did that when I changed from 100% vg to a mix. With the vg I had really dry mucus membranes with the mix it went from dry to runny. I just went to wal-mart got some glycerin from the pharmacy section and add a couple of drops and that seems to help a little with the runny nose.I realize it decreases flavor but it does help if you need to find a site that has the flavors you like and add a few drops of flavor to off-set that problem.

At the very start of vaping I used 100% VG. I started noticing nose bleeds I never had before. they now stopped since I use 50/pg 50 vg. now it seems like it just runs. I am going to buy some allergy medication and see if it is allergy's. I cant stop the vaping. If I do that i will end up smoking cigs again and I do not want to smoke. I will check out medications to see if it helps.

Sorry your feeling so bad....I know I've been sneezing and having some runny nose, but mine is all seasonal allergies. Nothing I can blame on vaping. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I believe what your referring to is called a "Snot Rocket" LoL 6 months out of the year hubbys nose runs, due to allergies. He rocks the dbl nostril plugs....unfortunately I'm the one who has to pick them up. <_<

I bought a 2 oz 59ml bottle of Glycerine from Michaels for 2.79 . I will try a few drops and see what it does.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry your feeling so bad....I know I've been sneezing and having some runny nose, but mine is all seasonal allergies. Nothing I can blame on vaping. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I believe what your referring to is called a "Snot Rocket" LoL 6 months out of the year hubbys nose runs, due to allergies. He rocks the dbl nostril plugs....unfortunately I'm the one who has to pick them up. <_<

You crack me up Beans. You also give good advice :animier:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, was gonna post something till I read this... I have severe allergies to everything except cats... Have been having the runny nose, and a sore throat for the past two days now... Last week my allergies were unbearable, even with zyrtec and flonase, thought it was the vg content on my juice, so last week i ordered several more with 100 % pg... maybe i need to try the 100% vg as well, located a site that uses 100% pure flavoring for their juice.... Will add to the post when I find out...

• 8 months later...

I am going through exactly the same situation, I started having nose bleeds while using 100% vg only(Dekang menthol) so I thought to lower the nicotine to low, I started to feel some nasal discomnfort and getting really clogged up, I have been smoke free for over 6 months and don't want to stop vaping, but the constant nasal discharge and been clogged up all the time is driving me crazy, I will realy apreciate if you could share what helped you, I have tried all the nasal sprays stop vaping for 3 or more days and nothing, the next morning after doing maybe 20 pufs I'm going through kleenex boxes :dizzy: , going to my doctor next week and maybe get some remedy or cure.

not sure exactly why....but some bodies like PG better than VG and Visa versa. things that make you go Hmmmm. Any time you notice any 'side effects', its always good to look at what your vaping and try the opposite.

Glad the PG helped mega...Personally I'm a PG user. VG was just not my thing. Better flavor with PG for me.

Im glad its working...ya, a bit of VG does help with vapor production. I still love trying new things....One of the many great things about vaping is the options. smoking was really so boring....

No other problems using the PG...some complain of cough with the PG....

Personally, I have just always preferred PG...I like the throat hit and more flavor with PG.

This is good stuff to know.

well throat hit increased. I accually kinda feel satisfied when i vape. taste is a bit better as well. and the coughing. well I have had a steady smokers cough for years but I accually can say that it is improving. more so with the pg. I did notice when I used alot of vg there would be alot of moisture from it in my nose and mouth. pg not so much. so I guess I found what I need to vape.