• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Blakeab84

Blakeab84

e Cig Supplier

• e Cig Supplier
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

So, I'm on my 3rd day of being smoke free and loving my e-cig except for the few small problems I've had with it. Ever since I quit smoking, I am now having a lot of chest pain. I can't tell if it's intergestion or actual chest wall pain from muscles. I've asked quite a few of my family members, and they've said it could many different things. Could this be related to me quitting cigs? Could it be related to using this e-cig?
I'm worried and would just like some input from others that have experience.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

#2 jeffb

jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,123 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

Moved to the Health & Safety forum :)

#3 Erika

Erika

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:family, reading, skiing, photography

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

My mother in law complained of this but i haven't had any problems. She switched juice vendors and it went away. Are you using the prefilled carts? Some of those are just aweful.

#4 Tagsanstuff

Tagsanstuff

Vaping Chick

• VIP Member
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:vaping,computers,
    family and friends.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

So, I'm on my 3rd day of being smoke free and loving my e-cig except for the few small problems I've had with it. Ever since I quit smoking, I am now having a lot of chest pain. I can't tell if it's intergestion or actual chest wall pain from muscles. I've asked quite a few of my family members, and they've said it could many different things. Could this be related to me quitting cigs? Could it be related to using this e-cig?
I'm worried and would just like some input from others that have experience.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

It (Indigestion) is also a sign of nic withdraw from smoking analogs. how much nic is in the e-liquid. might not be getting enough..http://www.myquitsmokingdiary.com/nicotine_withdrawal_symptoms/indigestion_constipation_nausea

#5 lovie

lovie

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:the pursuit of happiness

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

It (Indigestion) is also a sign of nic withdraw from smoking analogs. how much nic is in the e-liquid. might not be getting enough..http://www.myquitsmokingdiary.com/nicotine_withdrawal_symptoms/indigestion_constipation_nausea

when i first stop. and started ecig i did notice the first week or so . that my chest was a little tight . i think it was getting used to the vapor it is moist and smoke is dry . after a couple of weeks i was ok .that being said i am not a doctor and don't play one on tv lol but there are some nurses on this forum that may have some insight hope it gets better real soon

#6 Blakeab84

Blakeab84

e Cig Supplier

• e Cig Supplier
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

<br />it (Indigestion) Is Also A Sign Of Nic Withdraw From Smoking Analogs. How Much Nic Is In The E-Liquid. Might Not Be Getting Enough..http://www.myquitsmokingdiary.com/nicotine_Withdrawal_Symptoms/indigestion_Constipation_Nausea<br />

<Br /><Br />Last Night I Had Indigestion So Bad I Couldn't Stand It. Nausea Hit Me This Morning And I Had To Take Some Meds And I'm Still Not Feeling Good. Me And My Friend Are Both Having The Same Problems As We Are Both Quitting At The Same Time. To Be Honest, I Don't Know How Much Longer We Will Last Like This. I Feel Awful And It's Becoming So Bad That I'd Just Rather Smoke A Cig. I Want To Quit Smoking So Bad.

Edited by Blakeab84, 12 April 2011 - 05:39 AM.

#7 Beans

Beans

Supreme Poster

• VIP Member
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Pulling wings off butterflies ;)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

I'm so sorry your not feeling well. To ease your worries I'd say go to the DR. It can't hurt.
If your on your 3rd - 4th day, your probably going through some pretty heavy withdrawals right now. Your body and brain are addicted to many other chemicals than just nic. Also your nice steady stream of anti depressants have been taken away, And you better believe your brain is screaming out for more. The damn cig companies have spent millions to keep you strung out. It's gonna be really hard the first week. I remember feeling very sick. As for the chest pains, I can't say but I imagine your lungs are going to start expelling all that junk soon.

Please hang in there, were always here.

#8 cheshyl

cheshyl

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

When I was still smoking and tried the guy it gave me terrible heartburn but I have never really had a problem with vaping. I'm still a little short of breath at times but I did smoke for 48 years I'm thinking it will take quite a while for me to get them clear. If the problem persists I would go to my doctor and get him to check your lungs and heart as a precaution. It could be something else entirely and it wouldn't hurt. good luck

#9 Blakeab84

Blakeab84

e Cig Supplier

• e Cig Supplier
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

I'm feeling much better now as the day progressed. I feel a lot better now.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

#10 lovie

lovie

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:the pursuit of happiness

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm feeling much better now as the day progressed. I feel a lot better now.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

glad your feeling better :thumbsup: