• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 easilyamused

easilyamused

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

i wonder, perhaps that little sore on my tongue is similar to what you are going through, but mine seems to come and go so im not concerned about it, also... from my past experience with quitting i do remember that swollen and bleeding gums are also quite common with quitting smoking, and yeah, im getting that now

#12 Sharon

Sharon

Knows Very Little, About a Lot!

• VIP Member
  • 1,110 posts
  • Interests:God, family, friends, helping others, and vaping.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

I will try that....I just found this info in Wikipedia: Smoking Cessation

It is fairly common for smokers to experience multiple mouth ulcers within a week of cessation. The duration varies between individuals, and can range from a month to years. Oral nicotine supplements have shown some reduction in the occurrence

YEARS????????????? WT?

#13 Sharon

Sharon

Knows Very Little, About a Lot!

• VIP Member
  • 1,110 posts
  • Interests:God, family, friends, helping others, and vaping.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

i wonder, perhaps that little sore on my tongue is similar to what you are going through, but mine seems to come and go so im not concerned about it, also... from my past experience with quitting i do remember that swollen and bleeding gums are also quite common with quitting smoking, and yeah, im getting that now

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it stops soon.

#14 CarolGvapor

CarolGvapor

• Vapor Talk Noobie
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I have been vaping for 8 months now and I am haunted by canker sores and sores on the tongue.  I have tried everything to reduce it.  I do not use PG...VG only....I stopped the "flavor" because someone said that will cause it.   I am still getting sores !  The only common denominator in this is the "Cowboy" juice that I always use whether alone or in combination with a flavor.  I use VaporMaxx juice.  I need to get to the root of this because 4 sores on the tongue at the same time is brutal.

Also, it is NOT from your body getting rid of toxins.  There is just something my mouth does not like.  Any suggestions ???

Thanks

#15 jeffb

jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,122 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Try a different juice supplier and see if that helps.

#16 Vapeliqs

Vapeliqs

• e Cig Supplier
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

I haven't experienced this. Actually, to the contrary I used to get white blisters on my lips when I smoked cigarettes... Always where the cigs touched my lips (usually in the center). A very small percentage of the population experiences a mild allergic reaction to Propylene Glycol. The symptoms of that mild allergic reaction usually includes itching, rash, and irritation. If you are one of those rare people who react to PG then it makes sense that it may cause some mouth sores when you vape:( To test this try using a pure VG Juice just to see... A bit too sweet for my taste but could probably adjust if needed. Good Luck!

#17 Vapeliqs

Vapeliqs

• e Cig Supplier
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hmm... Disregard a portion of my above post... Just read further down that you are already on a pure VG liquid... So, I'll echo; Try another brand and see if that helps:)

#18 Bishop06

Bishop06

• Vapor Talk Noobie
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I started vaping a month ago and have been a analog smoker for 22 years. I have fully been off analogs for almost three weeks now.  But to answer your question two weeks ago I developed sores along the inside of my cheek and in my throat. I couldn't swallow and it was painful as hell. I back tracked on everything I did and started reading everything I could online about side effects from quitting smoking to vaping. When I called the local vape shop which I purchased all my juice from they had no idea what balance of PG vs VG was used *red flag*. I dumped all my juices which I had bought from them and I did a lot of research for trusted online vendors.  I wound up ordering some sample packs from pinkspotvapors, as well as halo. Once I started vaping their juices I noticed the difference on my throat immediately. I tried all different ratios and have settled with 60VG 40PG blend being the sweet spot for me. I have not had any recurring irritations since the swap and wish I would have read more before getting into this thing. 

I am not promoting any particular vendor over the other. All I am stating is what worked for me. As others have said switch your liquids. Hope it works out for you...

#19 Mrwaylon

Mrwaylon

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Nope I've never had that problem before and I've been vaping for two years now

#20 subnuclear

subnuclear

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:gaming,
    reading,
    lazy bum

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

My mom just got a sore in her mouth (first one after a year of vaping) and she thinks it's from the juice she tried. I then politely reminded her she ate spaghetti the night before and it was most likely a allergic reaction to the tomato sauce (oh man it sucks being allergic to so many foods( i inherited that from her)).